Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

what a joke

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

what a joke

Postby Westmorland » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: what a joke

Postby mikeC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:01 pm

What's more unbelievable - that the conservation officers rejected a retrospective planning application which doesn't meet the conversation criteria, or that they are actually following the 'conservation guidelines set out by the council'? They haven't done either in the past :roll:
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:02 pm

It is a joke indeed. It's taken how long for someone to notice? It would be absolute stupidity to make them change the shop front now and I can't see what's wrong with it anyway. It looks a damn sight better than a lot of other shops in Warsop. And who's paying for the conservation lot to have all these meetings anyway?

What's this all about? "She (Coun Christine Smith) said. Some retailers will always try to blackmail planning committees into letting them do what they want or threaten to go elsewhere.".

So is she suggesting that the planning committee are open to bribery? Just shows how much faith she has in them! :roll: As for retailers moving elsewhere, it's a free country and I wouldn't blame them at all. They have a business to run and don't want to be renting premises that aren't suitable. It's about time everyone at the council realised it's about give and take. They're there to serve the public, not to dictate.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 am

i agree with caz.
Caz wrote:I can't see what's wrong with it anyway. It looks a damn sight better than a lot of other shops in Warsop. .
maybe the historical interest in the planing rules in the town center of warsop may have something to do with it. :o
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:57 am

focus wrote:... maybe the historical interest in the planing rules in the town center of warsop may have something to do with it. :o

If the new frontage had replaced an historically or architecturally important façade then I might agree with the planners, but it didn't, so surely it is more important to present a workmanlike and prosperous frontage - I would guess the planners are just upset that procedures were not followed...
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Mike. Planners are just a bit miffed and want to show their authority. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

planing rules are all right . all that is needed is a bit of give and take on both sides. as long as in the end you dont get a monstrous carbuncle. :)
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes Caz, council employees are there to serve the public. That was the original intention but they have forgotten it a long time ago. Councils throughout the country are staffed by little Hitlers who think they are the bosses and have been allowed to get away with it for too long. Who lets them get away with it? The public, who repeatedly elect people according to the party political flag they wave rather than an ability to do the job properly.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Yes Elmer, you're right about councils being full of little hitlers. I worked with a lot of them for almost 20 years and you're so right. I've said many times that council officers forget that it's the elected members who are supposed to run the show and I think some of our elected councillors forget this too and allow themselves to be dictated to.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 pm

This is how it looked in 2009;
http://goo.gl/maps/ZPIJw
I'm not sure what it looks like now (even though I've visited this week!). I'll have to check to see how horrendous are the changes.

(Edit) The Chad photo shows the difference. I have to say that "what a joke" does seem to be a suitable title.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 am

The biggest part of the joke is that while towns and villages all over the country have lost their Post Offices, we still have one because someone bought the business and developed it to make it viable, yet so many obstacles are being put in his way by councillors and council officers who don't even live in Warsop.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby focus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 am

Happy Humphrey wrote:This is how it looked in 2009;
http://goo.gl/maps/ZPIJw
I'm not sure what it looks like now (even though I've visited this week!). I'll have to check to see how horrendous are the changes.

(Edit) The Chad photo shows the difference. I have to say that "what a joke" does seem to be a suitable title.
the old post office was on the corner of sherwood street and burns lane. where the estate agents is now. before going on to juat being on burns lane where the ecigarette shop is now. before moveing to high street.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby focus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 am

Caz wrote:The biggest part of the joke is that while towns and villages all over the country have lost their Post Offices, we still have one because someone bought the business and developed it to make it viable, yet so many obstacles are being put in his way by councillors and council officers who don't even live in Warsop.
all we after do is look at spin kop and warsop vale. there have a long way go to get a stamp. even to go shopping theses days the small shop that sells convenient goods is long gong. at least they are still some on the back streets of warsop but how long for.
focus
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter