Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

New Shop

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

New Shop

Postby Westmorland » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Looks like a new shop is opening cross from Fashion Flair, not sure what it will be selling though
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: New Shop

Postby whitevanman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

It's going to be a mini supermarket.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Westmorland » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 am

but do we need a new mini supermarket with Nisa and the Coop near by
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Is it a Tesco in disguise :?: :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby ELMER FUDD » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Not sure if we need or want more supermarkets, big or small, in Warsop. There are plenty of bargains to be had in some of our little shops. Bought a week's supply of potatoes in a little shop today which only cost me fifty pence. What's more, they were organically grown. Only problem was I had to wash them myself. I felt as if I were entitled to a discount for having to carry out that chore but, on reflection, I think I got a good deal.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm

It opened today and is mainly a freezer shop which, according to my mum and sister, is very good with lots of bargains to be had.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:51 am

I have also noticed some activity in the little shop next to the Town Hall on Church Street, near to the traffic lights.
It looks like there could be another shop opening in the near future!!
You never know, Warsop could be springing back to life after the Tesco debacle. :D :D
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I hope so Wizard!

There's also the new shoe shop, Shu Box, that has recently opened on Sherwood St next to the bank. I've been in there and it was quite busy, so I hope they do well. People on here have been complaining that we don't have a shoe shop and now we do, so I hope it's supported.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 pm

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if the old fishing tackle shop on High Street that the council purchased is being rented out yet ?
I came past it today and it still looks rather run down.
I also noticed that the shop near the Town Hall has a notice in the window today saying its going to be a Home Brew Shop( I couldn't read anymore as I was watching the traffic as I came past it!!)
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Nope the shop isn't being rented out yet. It needs a lot of work on it to bring it up to standard. The council are currently having the roof repaired. There is interest in the building and the council are considering putting it up for sale and inviting interested parties to put in their best offers.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby loftyhermes » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Caz wrote:It opened today and is mainly a freezer shop which, according to my mum and sister, is very good with lots of bargains to be had.

I went in today and instantly thought Jack Frosts back.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:25 pm

It does make you wonder that if Jack Frost had to shut, whether another freezer store will last long, once the opening freebies and price savers to get you there disappear, although in saying that, i do hope the shop does well as we do not need any more empty shops
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby loftyhermes » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:19 pm

it was probably for financial reasons that Jack Frosts closed because they've also closed their Clipstone shop as well.
Me slow??? I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done.
loftyhermes
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter