Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Grass Verges

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Grass Verges

Postby Westmorland » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Anyone notice the height of the grass and the unkept grass verges in and around Warsop

Is it to much to ask these public servants to get off their backsides and cut the grass

We pay their wages but we are not getting value for money

Labour and the Independent Forum , open your eyes and see the mess around you, these may be your standards but they are not ours
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Grass Verges

Postby BigAl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 pm

The mowers do not work on the verges, they keep getting clogged up with all the plastic bags and other rubbish there is in the verges and getting blunted :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Tomas Drouty » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 pm

This is due to MDC handing back the responsibilty of cutting the verges to NCC (this happened April 2012).
The administration at the time decided to cut back from 12 cuts a year to 5. Current administration are now trying to play catch up.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 pm

The 'Please drive Carefully' sign on Cuckney Hill is covered in undergrowth
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:00 am

On my walk into Warsop yesterday I noticed several people have used their initiative and cut their own bit of grass verge.
Nice to see that not everyone just sits back and bemoans their lot.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 am

I like to see some countryside verges left to grow tall with wild grasses and flowers, such as the A60 between Warsop and Mansfield, which I think looks quite nice at the moment. However, the lawned verges look a mess when they're not cut and I agree with TWW that it's nice to know some people use initiative and cut the grass in front of their own houses, even if it is the responsibility of someone else.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Grass Verges..on the verge ?

Postby mikkimack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 pm

I too have noticed verges and other areas being left to grow....people do not always look at this in the same way....some want to cut short , some want to leave longer...wildlife live in these longer areas along with smaller flowers etc...what about cutting (in the bigger areas).. say..1 metre wide round the outside and 1 metre thru the centre each way and have a walkway in the form of a cross...I have seen this done many times in other areas...and ..oddly....it looks good, almost meadow like and tall grasses take over and wildflowers arrive !..as if it was meant to be like that.....verges along highway ?...cut 1 metre in from kerb and the same thing happens..!! looks tidy..and if NCC is responsible..big savings ??..and wildlife happy so nearly everybody happy ???... :) :)..........verges outside property.?. I suppose these need cutting....if I had one..I would do mine..all I do now is sweep the road along kerbline outside where I live and remove small weeds growing here and there.... :) .
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby mikeC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:11 am

Tomas Drouty wrote:This is due to MDC handing back the responsibilty of cutting the verges to NCC (this happened April 2012).

What about the 'garden' roadside on Mansfield Road between the main road and the service road? Surely that is not NCC's responsibility but the local council's - District or Parish?
It looks a real mess now, with grass over 1 foot tall, and the flower borders overwhelmed with weeds: a real eyesore on the approach to the town...
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:48 am

I remarked to Heidi as we drove to Mansfield the other week about the state of the "gardens" on Mansfield road. They look disgusting and give a bad impression.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Was is our County Councillor doing about the unruly grass in Warsop, at the top of Rectory Road is a foot high?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby twiggy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 pm

they wont cut the grass now due to cut backs as there now filling in pot holes.
perhaps if they stopped spending money on silly little statues that arnt really needed, then they would have sufficient money to cut back the basics. this is becomming a risk on so many different levels. An ally near me has grass which is soo over grown that its taller than my daughter whos nearly 5. This is a death trap at night as any one could lurk in them. I know walk a different route home!!
twiggy
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:06 pm

It's looking very likely that MDC are having their contract renewed by NCC to cut the grass, this should start happening in the next few days.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Caz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I've just driven through Sookholme and they're cutting the verges there!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:53 pm