Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Is Nisa up for sale

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Is Nisa up for sale

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Is Nisa up for sale

Postby Warsop Person » Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 am

The building is not up for sale, the lease on the building is up for sale. I believe Mills want to pull ut but can't until someone takes the lease on as they are mid way through a lease and would be left with considerable liabilities if they did.

The reason there is no signage up on the store is because the staff are not aware that this is happening and it is being done confidentially between the agent and the other parties involved.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 am

Warsop Person wrote:
The reason there is no signage up on the store is because the staff are not aware that this is happening and it is being done confidentially between the agent and the other parties involved.

Well WP, there's a good chance that the staff will be aware of the situation now !! :lol: :lol:
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 am

I think the staff are well aware of this, it's been on that website for nearly two years now.
The actual lease is held by Mills, not Nisa but what the arrangement between the two is, i don't know. Nisa havn't got many shops left at all now, they have sold most of them to Tesco.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Westmorland » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

The store never seems busy now a days, I think it harmed business when they stopped the home delivery service, as a lot of pensioners used this.

Yet another empty shop on the Warsop horizonl
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikkimack » Thu May 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Perhaps Tesco will buy for a One Stop shop ?..or Tesco Extra ?.....then sell their Bingo/Eastwood site for housing or something ??...do you think ?

Wonder why Asda do not do any smaller shops.....perhaps they do...??
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby mikeC » Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't think any of the big stores will be interested in the Mills site whilst it is only leasehold.
I agree the Eastwood's complex would be better suited to housing, but MDC think otherwise...
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby Wizard » Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm

mikkimack wrote:Wonder why Asda do not do any smaller shops.....perhaps they do...??

Asda bought quite a lot of the old Netto stores and converted them into small Asda shops.
The nearest ones to Warsop are at Worksop, Ollerton and Mansfield.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby mikkimack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks....I always try to shop local too :)
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby whipster2210 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 pm

whitevanman wrote:I think the staff are well aware of this, it's been on that website for nearly two years now.
The actual lease is held by Mills, not Nisa but what the arrangement between the two is, i don't know. Nisa havn't got many shops left at all now, they have sold most of them to Tesco.

Hi WVM,

Just a few facts for you.
The head lease is held by Mills as Mills are the company that run the business.
Mills were the company that sold most of their estate to Tesco One Stop including their stores on Ollerton High Street and Edwinstowe High Street locally. In total they sold about 80 Convenience stores. In addition they have also sold the head lease to 3 of their 5 supermarkets with just 2 remaining including Warsop.

Nisa do not actually own any shops but are a supplier and supply many well known companies including Costcutter, Center Parcs, Select & Save and many other stores. In total Nisa supply about 4,000 stores across the UK.
Anyone can join Nia by paying an annual membership fee. The combined volume acts as a club to get the best deals from suppliers.

The Nisa brand is on TV and stores which sign up to certain standards are allowed to display the Nisa name. Some stores like the Mills use their own brand as well but others like the store in Cresswell and Mansfield Woodhouse just use the Nisa brand and the street name.

Hope this clarifies a few things.
whipster2210
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks for that Whipster, even reading the trade mags i was under the the impression that Nisa was a chain in it's own rights. That now explains why i still keep seeing a lot of Nisa lorries about when i thought most of the shops had gone.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby ELMER FUDD » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am

Should have been closed down years ago. The prices they charge are nothing short of extortion. Went in there last week for a pack of my favourite butter, for which I normally pay £1.20. NISA's price - £1.60. 'nuff said
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter