Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

New Curate for Parish Church

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

New Curate for Parish Church

Postby Westmorland » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Bishop Paul has confirmed that we will be welcoming a new curate. His name is Bruce Rienstra and he is due to be ordained as deacon on the 30th June. He is married and his wife’s name is Loretta
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: New Curate for Parish Church

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm

SO?
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby mikkimack » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 am

I wish the new curate and family well..and hope they settle in ok and enjoy the area...and the people :D .
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 am

mikkimack wrote:I wish the new curate and family well..and hope they settle in ok and enjoy the area...and the people :D .

Hopefully they will settle in quickly. I hope the new curate is like the former curate Reverend Paul Lawlor, a curate of whom I could do business with, he had great leadership skills and was a real people person. He did not try to control freedom of expression, views and the rights of a person to defends ones own personal space against intrusive meddling and interference.

I do not which part of Warsop the new curate will be living in, but I assume everyone will make the family feel welcome
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:I hope the new curate is like the former curate Reverend Paul Lawlor, a curate of whom I could do business with, he had great leadership skills and was a real people person. He did not try to control freedom of expression, views and the rights of a person to defends ones own personal space against intrusive meddling and interference.

What makes you say that Adrian, are the mentioned charictoristics those you would normally find in a curate?

I don't have much dealing with the church but I didn't realise this is what they are like.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:14 pm

People skills and leadership are a 'must have' for anyone wanting to be a priest

One day whilst walking trough the churchyard at 9.30am there was a drunk lad with a large bottle of spirits sitting on the bench outside the church, Paul the curate and Angela the Rector were arriving for Morning Prayer so they invited him into church were he had a rest and a sleep and they checked afterwards to make sure he was okay and listened to him in a non judgemental way, he told them he had just returned from a party, although I had seen him numerous times walking along the road in a morning with a bottle of drink, however after he had a sleep he left church on his way back home to Meden Vale

They did not invade his personal space with stupid comments like 'love and concern' or send him offensive letters with the excuse of this will allow them to poke their noses into things which are of no concern of there's, but instead they just treated this lad in a respectful way. That is what I call have people skills.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Leadership skills tend to suggest someone who takes control and to take control you need to make judgements which is being judgemental is not?
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Warsop Person wrote:Leadership skills tend to suggest someone who takes control and to take control you need to make judgements which is being judgemental is not?

Not in this case it doesn't.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Fri May 03, 2013 5:52 pm

People Skills and Leadership is not sitting and listening and then doing nothing, it is about realising what you need to do and doing that in a way that suits the individual or individuals that it will affect.

Lets hope the new curate is more helpful than the 2 that let a drunk kip in the church before sending him off home without any words of advice or guidance that could have helped him to a path through life.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri May 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Its not about being intrusive and poking their noses into things which do not concern them either
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter