Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

FREE GAS CONNECTIONS?????????

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: FREE GAS CONNECTIONS?????????

Postby moanersRus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

When we moved in we had to have a fire in to get water, first came the leccy shower that solved some. (we boiled kettle to wash pots) then came the immersion heater.

i know someone who has spent £280 on gas for a quarter i have spent near on £400 on coal in the same time!!!!!!

i will eventually put a log burner in the front room and open up the chimney but the cleanliness and time saved (with 2 little ones about) will be loads.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:37 pm

The beauty of gas is that it's clean and instant. In our last house we had coal central heating and I don't miss having to clean out the ashes, bring in the coal, chop the sticks and then have to wait for the fire to get going properly to warm the house and to get the water hot. It was stifling in summer when you had to have it lit for hot water. No I don't miss any of that but I really miss the living flame. I'd have a log burner as a back up and just for the effect because snuggling down in front of a fire in winter is something I really do miss.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby moanersRus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

and the constant buying and replacing fire bars. 3 of mine have just gone but i need to try make do as dont really want to spend money on it if its going soon lol

i have a dvd somewhere with fires on them lmao
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter