Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Energy - Switch an Save

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Energy - Switch an Save

Postby Warsop Person » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 am

This may be if interest to some people

http://notts.cc/nottssave
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Energy - Switch an Save

Postby BigAl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Switch to Spain and save all the stress, all the worry of where your next meal is coming from and all those horrendous electricity, water and gas bills. ;) :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Andrew Daykin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

BigAl wrote:Switch to Spain and save all the stress, all the worry of where your next meal is coming from and all those horrendous electricity, water and gas bills. ;) :D

So no bills at all in Spain ? do tell how. :lol:
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Gas in bought in bottles at £13 a 12.5 kilo bottle and we use maybe 3 a month
Our electric bill is £22 a month in winter and about £16 the rest of the year, we only pay 27 cents a unit over here. All is paid as you buy it and includes the 12% government tax.
Not like the rip off merchants in the uk.

The cost of living is a lot lower than in the uk and the standard of living is much higher though the Spanish who are out of work are starting to struggle. The cut backs are starting to bite here as in the uk.

My inhalers for my asthma cost £2.20 here as opposed to the price of a perscription and arthritis treatment tablets are a quarter of the cost in the uk, meat,( including Horse meat ) is about a third of the cost in the uk. as are the vegetables. Wine and beer prices £0.75p for a liter of good wine and £0.65p a pint.

Need i go on :?: :?:

Best move we ever made though we are not making it permanent yet till the euro sorts itself out we will remain registered at home. Maybe in 3 to 5 years we will look at it. If anyone thinks they can comfortably live in a caravan, as we do, with the sun and warmth helping with their ailments, its well worth the effort.

Not saying there isn't the odd problem but all can be overcome with a little patience.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am

For anyone looking for cheaper energy bills, without the expense or upheaval of emigrating, the link below may be of interest.

Warsop Person wrote:This may be if interest to some people

http://notts.cc/nottssave
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Warsop Chatter