Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Clumber Street soon to become One Way

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Clumber Street soon to become One Way

Postby moanersRus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Well that was money well spent!!!!

just come home and turning the corner nearly got took out by someone coming OUT of the street THEN TWO cars coming DOWN clumber street.

i do take it that if someone drives into me coming the wrong way they have no leg to stand on!!!
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm

If someone goes the wrong way down a a one way street then they would be at fault
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm

It's common place on the High Street if your in a best kebab van, I have seen them on a few occasions driving the wrong way up high street to get to the Nursing Home rather driving round by the traffic lights.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Andrew Daykin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am

Have not been there since Saturday. What happens at the top of the car park - still a no entry onto Clumber St and what about a no left turn on leaving the car park via the no entry route on market days?
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:47 pm

as its been a no exit for years and its not an enforced no exit i believe. then they need to make it enforced but then that messes up market days. the only other way would be to allow exit and a one way sign, its not like it can get congested now as only traffic coming from left if turning into carpark
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

I went up Clumber Street yesterday and it looks like money well spent

My concern is how will this now effect the annual carnival parade, will they be allowed to go up the one way street in the opposite direction, or need they need a special by law being passed for them to do this?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:I went up Clumber Street yesterday and it looks like money well spent

My concern is how will this now effect the annual carnival parade, will they be allowed to go up the one way street in the opposite direction, or need they need a special by law being passed for them to do this?

The restrictions can be lifted for the event...the worry is if the lorries can turn on the narrowed road.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby whitevanman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 am

Tomas Drouty wrote:...the worry is if the lorries can turn on the narrowed road.

For some reason a 26ft length restriction was imposed when in reality it made it easier for them to turn in as there will be no oncoming traffic to contend with. A lorry restriction would severly hamper several business's in the area such as Scrooges, The Talbot, pet shop, chip shop, Clumber Garage as well as any large deliveries to any houses in the area. Dustbin lorries are exempt and these are as long as any 28 tonne lorry.

Although the signs have been put up the restriction as been lifted for a 3 month trial, the signs will be covered up or removed.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Warsop Person » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Saw it for the first time today, one thing that did strike me was the number of tyre tracks in the snow on the new pavement. Begs the question how safe are you stood on the pavement outside the pet shop?
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 am

Although i think the scheme is good from a road safety point of view, i do think that some of the details have not been thought through properly. The pavement on the pet shop side as been widened from about 18ins to 1.8m (6ft). This is very good but the narrowness of the road makes the turn in from coming up Sherwood Street very tight. People will probably get used to this and turn in a bit tighter eventually, but there is no physical restriction to stop them as there is no kerb height, this is level with the road and the only demarcation is the yellow lines and a sunken kerb stone to mark the boundary. Yesterdays problem was also compounded by the snow.

On the T Shirt shop side, that pavement as not been widened, and is still only about 18ins wide.
If about a foot had been took off the other side and put onto this side, then that would have made it even safer for pedestrians and the turn in would have been better.

The pavements had always been low because if they were any higher it would have funneled water under the shop doors, but at least there was about 2ins. The new ones are zero.

I also think the exit restriction should now come off the car park at that end, as firstly, it was largely ignored anyway and secondly, it is now safer to come out that way as they have widened the turn and there will be no traffic from the right to try and see through that stone wall.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 am

It's much better than it was previously whitey, I guess its a case of drivers becoming used to the new layout. If drivers continue to use the pavement the council can always put a few bollards in to protect pedestrians.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Previous

Return to Warsop Chatter