Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Postby Westmorland » Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 am

Warsop Person wrote:Just like John Allin then.

Until you said that Wizzard I had not realised the similarities between them all and how little choice we actually had :lol: .

But Warsop Person, you had the choice of 4 candidates and the left wing came first, the fascist came second, the Independent third and the right wing last

Only one though lived in the Parish!
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sat May 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:
Warsop Person wrote:Just like John Allin then.

Until you said that Wizzard I had not realised the similarities between them all and how little choice we actually had :lol: .

But Warsop Person, you had the choice of 4 candidates and the left wing came first, the fascist came second, the Independent third and the right wing last

Only one though lived in the Parish!

I was not referring to the political views or stance of any of the individual's Adrian, I was referring to this section of the post when I said all 4 are the same (including the one that got elected):

Wizard wrote:I guess the others will just slink away under a stone, never to be heard from again until the next election, when they will re-emerge, telling us how passionate and caring they are for the area again !!.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 am

I think it's up to us to make sure our elected councillor isn't allowed to slink away. We know who our county councillor is so it's up to the public to make sure he knows what we want him to do for us.

Having worked for the County Council, I've had more cause than most to need help and John Allin has always fought in my corner when I've asked, just like Brian Smith did before him. So I've had no cause for complaint about what the current and previous members have done for Warsop from my point of view.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Warsop Person » Sun May 12, 2013 6:49 pm

It's a personal view Caz and I know some do good for some.

Personally I have sat in meetings waiting for someone that doesn't turn up and also know someone who has publically spoken about meeting that have not attended which is perhaps why my view differs.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am

Yes indeed WP, it is a personal view that is formed on personal experience, which is what everyone should do rather than relying on hearsay and everyone's experience is different, which is why we should respect the views of others.

I had not posted on this thread previous to the election, other than to moderate, as I didn't want my own views to influence others. Most people have not had any contact with our elected members, but I have and my experience has been good.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby whitevanman » Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Wizard wrote:So.... John Allin gets re-elected.
Congratulations John.

Looks like another congratulations will be in order after tomorrows council meeting. :D
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Wizard » Wed May 15, 2013 4:06 pm

whitevanman wrote:
Wizard wrote:So.... John Allin gets re-elected.
Congratulations John.

Looks like another congratulations will be in order after tomorrows council meeting. :D

Care to enlighten us a little more Whitey?
Do you mean the next County Council meeting, as the next WPC meeting isn't until Monday, according to the list of meetings?

Monday 18th March - Annual Parish Meeting
Monday 15th April
Monday 20th May – Annual General Meeting
Monday 17th June
Monday 22nd July
Monday 16th September
Monday 14th October
Monday 25th November
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 15, 2013 4:53 pm

As far as I am aware the current Parish Council Chairman is standing down as Chairman this year.

John Allin as already been County Chairman

So is it something to do with MDC?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed May 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:As far as I am aware the current Parish Council Chairman is standing down as Chairman this year.

About time he let somebody have a go.. he's done it for 4 years ... traditionally the chair sits for 1 year and passes over... occasionally a chair has been incumbent for 2 consecutive years. This is the first time the chair has been incumbent for 4 years in the entire history of the council.... personally I think it's down to him being a bully towards the other Councillors and not letting them have a go.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Wizard » Wed May 15, 2013 6:47 pm

If it's true that the Chairman is standing down, I hope the council find a replacement chairman at the meeting, rather than having to have an election.
Warsop would be the laughing stock of the entire United Kingdom, with a turnout of around 2%.
Hang on in there Mr Chairman.
Who else are we going to have a go at if you resign?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Councillor Moody is not resigning as a Councillor, hes just standing down as Chairman of the Council, they tried to get rid of him last year, but the trap door Tania had fitted under the Chairman's chair was faulty
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Wizard wrote:If it's true that the Chairman is standing down, I hope the council find a replacement chairman at the meeting, rather than having to have an election.
Warsop would be the laughing stock of the entire United Kingdom, with a turnout of around 2%.
Hang on in there Mr Chairman.
Who else are we going to have a go at if you resign?

The chairman isn't standing down as a councillor... he's simply vacating the chair ... he'll be sitting in a different position until he's ousted by the electorate!

As for the other news...

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/press ... ounty-hall

Subject to confirmation at the AGM (please note the embargo has now passed), Warsop's re-elected county councillor may become the chair of NCC.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 15, 2013 7:01 pm

That is just so wrong if you have been Chairman once then let someone else have a go!
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed May 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:That is just so wrong if you have been Chairman once then let someone else have a go!

See above regarding Parish Council chairman!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 pm

I was referring to the County Chairman

As for the Parish Council I will make an exception even though some may say it was scraping the bottom of the barrel :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Chatter