Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Postby Warsop Person » Fri May 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Wow, big deal.

NCC need to recognise that the county extends past Mansfield before it will make any difference to Warsop.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Fri May 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Warsop Person wrote:Wow, big deal.

NCC need to recognise that the county extends past Mansfield before it will make any difference to Warsop.

The same could be said for MDC and our MP!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 pm

That looks like a no confidence vote for Ms Cutts and her Conservatives at County Hall. Notts had been held by labour for a long time until the last election when the Conservatives got in. I wonder if they'll be spending money changing the colour of the carpets back to red.

A poor turnout but I think it reflects the thoughts of the nation and their lack of confidence in politics in general. I have to say it is a bit of a farce when they seem to do little more than back bite at each other. It's time they spent more time running the country and less time acting like kids in a playground squabbling and laying blame at each other. If they really had the interests of the country at heart, they'd pull together to do something positive. All elections seem to be are opportunities to stick their fingers up at their opposition when they win.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Sat May 04, 2013 9:25 am

Oh to be in a perfect world :lol: :lol:

It will never happen Caz :roll:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

It's coming to something when a candidate who has no association with the parish, lives nowhere near the parish, did no canvassing or electioneering within the parish...and came second. It just shows how much of an influence the national picture is having at a local level?
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Sat May 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Tomas Drouty wrote:It's coming to something when a candidate who has no association with the parish, lives nowhere near the parish, did no canvassing or electioneering within the parish...and came second. It just shows how much of an influence the national picture is having at a local level?

Yes, I agree TD, but I think people have been voting for UKIP because they're sick of the main two contenders. It's always been either Labour or Conservative but LibDem had started to increase their share of the vote because people wanted a change, then they jumped into bed with the Conservatives and people felt betrayed by them. So I think UKIP are now getting the votes, not because people want them in, or even that people know what they stand for, but because people are making a point that they don't like the politics of the other three parties and they want a change.

Here are the results for Warsop:

John Allin, Labour Party, 1503, 63.6% Elected
Peter Zinn, UK Independence Party, 390, 16.5%
Jeremy Charles Regan, Mansfield Independent Forum, 306, 12.9%
Michael Cameron Garner, Conservative Party, 165 7%
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote: it doesn't matter who you vote for just get out and use your vote when elections are called

This is why people don't vote...as you say, it doesn't matter.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon May 06, 2013 10:17 pm

In the 1970s there was often no elections in Warsop as so often the Labour party were unopposed, then the Liberal party arrived and first Peter Milner was elected as District Councillor in a by election in 1976, then Liberal David Chambers was elected as County Councillor for Warsop and then in 1978 my Father was elected in a by election to the District Council.

The Labour party started to get very worried and from 1976 through to the early 80s there was all a flurry of activity at election time. Labour took back control of all the seats in 1979 for District and 1981 for County, until 2003 when the independents got elected for Warrsop

Labour took control of County Hall by the back door as UKIP voters gave them the seats they needed by splitting the vote

So your votes do count and can change things
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Happy Humphrey » Tue May 07, 2013 12:40 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:So your votes do count and can change things

In my opinion, if the turnout is less than 50% then there has been no election. It should have been declared null.
The first job is to persuade people to vote, but with turnouts as low as 30% in some areas there's clearly something seriously wrong with candidates' ability to rally support. If they can't convince us to even make the effort to vote for anyone, then they're going to be pretty useless in their jobs (whatever they are).

Personally I never got further than having a quick glance at a couple of leaflets pushed through the door, and would have heard nothing about any election were it not for voting forms being posted to me.

As even the candidates seemed uninterested, then I didn't feel inspired to support anyone in particular. I suppose I'm fairly typical in feeling totally disconnected with this process and the politicians who take part.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby mikeC » Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I quite agree, HH!
The first I knew of the election was when I drove out for the day on Thursday morning and saw various signs for Polling Stations. I had received no voting form, nor any election leaflets, so assumed it was only for another ward and did not concern me. When I found out I was going to write and complain that I had received no notification, but having seen the results, what's the point? However I might choose to vote, it won't make any difference with figures like that.
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby mr50p » Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 pm

:o No polling card Mike I had one it told me when and where to vote :?:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am

mr50p wrote::o No polling card Mike I had one it told me when and where to vote :?:

Not unless the dog got to it first... but we don't have a dog :lol:
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby mr50p » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm

:lol: :lol:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sat May 11, 2013 8:18 am

So.... John Allin gets re-elected.
Congratulations John.
I guess the others will just slink away under a stone, never to be heard from again until the next election, when they will re-emerge, telling us how passionate and caring they are for the area again !!.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 am

Just like John Allin then.

Until you said that Wizzard I had not realised the similarities between them all and how little choice we actually had :lol: .
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Chatter