Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Postby jregan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes its Possible!
Tell me what you would like me to do in Warsop if I'm elected on May 2nd. HOW?
Meet me at the Warsop market on Thursday 7th Feb
Send me your views on this site
E mail me, regan4warsop@btopenworld.com
Find out more about me at www.mansfieldindependentforum.com.

I've been working in Warsop for the last 15years with many community projects and I know that I can make a positive difference if elected.
jregan
Lite Registered User

Re: A new County Councillor for Warsop in 2013?

Postby Westmorland » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Its better to stick with the devil you know, than the devil you don't
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Do you live in Warsop ?
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby snapshot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Sorry Jeremy, this is one vote you will not be getting, being a member of the Independent Party, sorry, Forum does not help to start with. As for working with local community groups, yes you do, but isn't this actually your job with MDC. Also with some of your origional comments (some time ago) at the Area Assembly and since regarding Lottery money, you gave me the impression that you were there to try and syphon as much money as possible back to Mansfield.
snapshot
Lite Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:Its better to stick with the devil you know, than the devil you don't

I wouldn't exactly call our current county councillor a devil, some may argue ineffective, but certainly not the Devil.

snapshot wrote:As for working with local community groups, yes you do, but isn't this actually your job with MDC. Also with some of your origional comments (some time ago) at the Area Assembly and since regarding Lottery money, you gave me the impression that you were there to try and syphon as much money as possible back to Mansfield.

It may well be that Mr Regan works for MDC and not the Sweeney, does this not demonstrate a degree of local knowledge and working with local groups a certain amount of knowledge of local needs and issues?

All that said, I am more interested in what a candidate wants to achieve, what they believe they can achieve and how they propose to go about archiving it should they be successful at the polls. It does not fill me with confidence when a candidate puts themself forward and then asks what people want, surely they should have done all this before they decided they fitted the bill and decided to stand?
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 am

Aah, Jeremy. Did you learn nothing from your previous posting on this forum back in November?
Replies deleted and topic locked If I remember rightly.
I have to admire your optimism - if nothing else.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

tightwadswife wrote:Aah, Jeremy. Did you learn nothing from your previous posting on this forum back in November?

Good point TWW, maybe a councillor with optimism is just what we need. I can see your point that someone forward looking would be far better than seine that looks to the past.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 am

I have no problem with candidates from any party posting, but I stress that Warsop Web never has and never will sponsor any political party or candidate.

This is an open forum where any candidate from any party can post if they wish to. County Council elections are a local issue, so In the interest of communication and to help the local electorate decide where their cross will go, posts will not be deleted providing they are within the rules and regulations of the forum. So please refrain from personal attack and inflamatory one liners.

My personal views will remain my own.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby jregan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:Its better to stick with the devil you know, than the devil you don't

Hi Adrian
Thanks for your comment - but surely there is room for alternative views to be considered?
jregan
Lite Registered User

Postby jregan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm

BigAl wrote:Do you live in Warsop ?

Hi Big Al
I lve 10 Mins away in Mansfield. But clearly communicationg with you and others in Warsop is not a problem.
As I have posted - in my day job, I have done lots of community work in Warsop from driving the old play bus to setting up Neighbourhood Management Teams and Area Assemblies. I have family in Market Warsop too.
jregan
Lite Registered User

Postby jregan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm

tightwadswife wrote:Aah, Jeremy. Did you learn nothing from your previous posting on this forum back in November?

Hi there, replies deleted because they were inappropriate.
I hope that this does not mean that alternative views are not able to be debated through these posts.
You have to be optimistic in this world!
jregan
Lite Registered User

Postby jregan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 pm

snapshot wrote:Sorry Jeremy, this is one vote you will not be getting, being a member of the Independent Party, sorry, Forum does not help to start with. As for working with local community groups, yes you do, but isn't this actually your job with MDC. Also with some of your origional comments (some time ago) at the Area Assembly and since regarding Lottery money, you gave me the impression that you were there to try and syphon as much money as possible back to Mansfield.

Thanks for your view, It wouldn't be an interesting world if we all thought exactly the same way. You are correct that my paid work with MDC involves working in Warsop. That is how I have learned a lot about Warsop in the last 15 years.

I believe that, contrary to your view, I have always worked hard to make sure money allocated to Warsop stays here and where possible draws in more funding. I have had no opportunity or reason to take much needed funds away.
jregan
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Then my answer is a big NO

Councillor for Warsop should not come from anywhere than Warsop.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby tightwadswife » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks for replying Jeremy. I'm all for listening to alternative views myself.
The problem I have is that the Independent Forum's lack of any manifesto means I'm not being offered any alternative views.
Also, If you were to be elected would you have to give up your role as advisor to the 'Big Warsop' management team?
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

Perhaps you can tell us what you intend doing for the Warsop Parish?

I would hope that your post on here asking us for our views of what needs doing, will not result in those comments appearing on your election publicty material, otherwise people on here may feel used
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Next

Return to Warsop Chatter