Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Chad's Cuckney Hill Campaign

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Chad's Cuckney Hill Campaign

Postby moanersRus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Well i see the new measures are in place for safer driving on cukney side.................. big red bands with the speed limit painted in it and a fresh stretch of the rougher surface on the langwith junction section. thats stop the minority nutters surely lmao
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 am

I see Nottinghamshire County Council are taking local peoples concerns and the Chad campaign very seriously

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/cuckne ... -1-4924002
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:46 am

I see someone has kindly parked a blue car for sale on the pavement just before the junction of Bishops Walk on Cuckney Hill with the car facing traffic coming down the hill, so now we have people coming down Cuckney Hill towards the junction looking over to see how much the parked car is up for sale. An accident waiting to happened!
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes and it makes coming out of the Bishops Walk junction more difficult as you don't have a clear view up Cuckney Hill.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Cheshire Cat » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I travel around a lot and I really can't see how Cuckney Hill is any more dangerous than Warsop Windmill for example. Is it not a case of someone beeing very unfortunate?
Cheshire Cat
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Warsop Windmill though has seen some road improvements including two mini islands at the junction of Forest Road/Peafield Lane and the Clipstone road
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Cheshire Cat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm not convinced the mini roundabouts are an improvement to be honest. People coming from Edwinstowe hardly slow at all. I managed to cope with the triangle when I was learning to drive.
Cheshire Cat
Lite Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

In tomorrows Chad

The family of a 24-year-old man who died in a road crash near Warsop as we continue our campaign to see speed cameras introduced on the A60 at Cuckney Hill.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

moanersRus wrote:Well i see the new measures are in place for safer driving on cukney side.................. big red bands with the speed limit painted in it and a fresh stretch of the rougher surface on the langwith junction section. thats stop the minority nutters surely lmao

:D :D They will have to slow down to read it :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby whipster2210 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Guys,

First time i've posted on this subject.
I do about 30,00 to 35,000 miles per year throughout the East and West Midlands, Lincolnshire and into North Wales.

There are some very dangerous places around the area that I travel and I don't see the Cuckney stretch being one of the major danger spots in the area that I travel.

I do believe however that there are 2 or 3 possible improvements that could be done other than speed cameras.
These would be;
1. Remove the lay by's that are at the top of a blind summit. There is no reason whatsoever that these should be in the location that they are.
2. When returning to Warsop in an early evening on a sunny day, it is very dark within the area at the top of Cuckney Hill. The trees either side of this road here should be trimmed right back to allow greater light to be visible.
3. The stretch from Worksop all the way to Warsop is a very quiet road right through and there are limited / no reasons to slow through Cuckney itself. Perhaps there should be a set of traffic lights at Cuckney itself, so at least slow the traffic making drivers think about their speed. Believe me this has worked elsewhere, most notably on the A614 near Springwater golf club. The number of idiotic drivers along this route has been greatly reduced, or at least their driving has been improved.

The best alternative would be to have 50 mph speed cameras along this route BUT they would have to be average speed cameras and not fixed. I do think though that even if you had average speed cameras, without doing one or all of the points mentioned above, that any of the accidents would have been preventable.

Here's hoping the authorities value life over money.
whipster2210
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm

It looks like the police have had another (yesterday and today) successful afternoon on Cuckney Hill catching speeders.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby moanersRus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 pm

they got someone in front of me, clever boys what they doing lol
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Five year jail term of 90mph Cuckney Hill death driver

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/man-ja ... -1-5901723
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:42 pm

There are notices on lamposts on Cuckney Hill stating that the road is to become a 30mph limit for 250 yards from the Bishops Walk junction.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikeC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:There are notices on lamposts on Cuckney Hill stating that the road is to become a 30mph limit for 250 yards from the Bishops Walk junction.

I don't know why they bother, no-one seems to take any notice of the existing speed limits anyway :roll:
mikeC
Lite Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Chatter