Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

News As It Happens!

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: News As It Happens!

Postby Westmorland » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:30 pm

A 54 year old woman has been found dead in the river at nearby at Creswell Crags and is believed to be from Nottinghamshire
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:53 am

OK, I'd let this one go because I felt it was news as it happens and I thought it was local enough for people to want to know, as it could have been a person missing from Warsop with Creswell being so close. However, I can see that people who have alert notification on this thread would think differently.

So in a bid to make this forum as useful as possible, do people think we need to start another thread for other local news and we'll keep this strictly for News As It Happens that directly affects Warsop?

Your views please - http://forum.warsopweb.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6482#p129923
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Gazzer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Can we please relate ALL stories in this topic to News As It Happens, we have already had this discussion previously and yet again we are covering it.

As Caz as already stated previously:
Caz wrote:This thread is intended to keep people informed of what's happening in the community at the current time, to make us aware of problems and allow us to avoid road closures etc. I know a lot of members have alerts attached to that thread so they can be notified of new posts and it can get annoying when people post about irrelevant things.

If you wish to post news articles that covers the Parish, then by all means please start a new topic, if the article or text is taken from a third party website, you must also provide a link to the article to avoid breaking our policy.

If you have any queries regarding this please direct them to the Support Team
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 pm

So that we're clear about what should be posted in this thread, it is only for News as it Happens around Warsop! Please do not post other news in this thread. If a member sees an off topic post, they should notify the mod team, rather than posting a reply.

Any post on this thread that is off topic will not be moved to another topic, they will be deleted by the moderator team and the poster will not be notified.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Brummylass » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 am

Top of warsop police taped off just at junction where pizza place is on corner. Police investigation unit there.

Does not look good :-/
Brummylass
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 am

i have heard things but not saying incase its a case of warsop whispers!!! just passed and still taped off has been all morning
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 am

moanersRus wrote:i have heard things but not saying incase its a case of warsop whispers!!! just passed and still taped off has been all morning

I heard last night moaner, but like you and I dare say a lot of people on this forum, I dare not post anything anymore because i dont want to be accused of spreading rumors.

I am sure now CHAD have eventually got wind of it by stalking this forum someone will post a link to their website article when one appears.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:58 am

we have heard from the Police about a serious assault in Warsop from last night
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:49 pm

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/warsop ... -1-5048494

Now most people would consider that 2am is during the night, even though it is the early hours of the morning, as its just a figure of speech
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Its being put out on facebook and thats going to do a lot more than any old weekly out of touch paper. The numbers to ring for the police have been published as well.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 pm

It looks like their's been an accident at the bottom of Grove road in Church warsop. The police ambulance and fire brigade are there.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 pm

5 vehicle road traffic collision, junction Longster Lane / Carter Lane.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am

two police cars and a paramedic just gone zooming up Cuckney Hill all after one another
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am

Be careful if on cockney hill. Someone on my facebook has just passed an accident up there thinks possibly 4 cars one nearly tipping on banking.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Chatter