Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Brown bin collection

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Brown bin collection

Postby Sallyann » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:47 pm

It seems we now have to pay for our brown bin to be emptied,with a charge of £25 per year :shock: I for one WILL NOT be paying this and will be taking our garden waste to the tip!!!
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Brown bin collection

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:06 pm

And if you do pay it you get a nice sticker to stick on your wheely bin to say you've paid.. how long before they get nicked off and stuck on somebody else' bin?
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Sallyann » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm

and if you do pay for the service,you'll have to hide the bin because you get all and sundries garden waste in your bin ;)
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, it won't bother me or people in our area because we've never had one! Whenever I've asked about them I've always been told they didn't know when we'd be getting them, yet we've always paid the same council tax as everyone else. Not a fair system right from the start!!!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm

:D :D :D

Rip off England

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby whitevanman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Garden waste collection as never been a statutory obligation of any council and Mansfield council started this in ( i think) about 2005 as an extra service. It has, though, proved very expensive to run and in this economic climate is proving a little too much to continue as a free service.

With this charge being implemented, it is being rolled out to everybody in the area and year round, though i don't think this is needed.

Pesonally, i think 50p per week is worth having the waste collected, it would cost more than this to drive to the tip.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Gazzer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 pm

If anyone wants to pay me £25 I will act as a bin wagon and collect your trimmings and take them to the tip. :lol:
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby Caz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I never have much garden rubbish and what bit I can't compost, goes in my green bin and I'll continue to do exactly the same.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm

whitevanman wrote:Garden waste collection as never been a statutory obligation of any council and Mansfield council started this in ( i think) about 2005 as an extra service. It has, though, proved very expensive to run and in this economic climate is proving a little too much to continue as a free service.

With this charge being implemented, it is being rolled out to everybody in the area and year round, though i don't think this is needed.

Pesonally, i think 50p per week is worth having the waste collected, it would cost more than this to drive to the tip.

The scheme will now run for a full 12 months instead of from March to November.
Will the brown bins be emptied every two weeks, or will it be a weekly collection?
I can see a return to the times when there were bags of garden waste being dumped in lay bys, at the bottom of Wood Hill here in Meden Vale, and in the edge of the Woods at Church Warsop.
People have to get rid of this rubbish somewhere, and if the Council won't allow it to be put in the green bin, and the people are refusing to pay an extra £25, then it has to go somewhere, and its usually at the side of the road.
People make me sick when I see rubbish dumped around Budby and up the Wood side at Church Warsop, as its obvious these people have cars, so why don't they drive to Warsop and take it to the dump?
It must be nearer than driving to Budby, or the Wood Side!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Wizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Caz wrote:I never have much garden rubbish and what bit I can't compost, goes in my green bin and I'll continue to do exactly the same.

Tut tut tut Caz.....The leaflet that was left in my green bin clearly states the following "Please note that garden waste cannot be placed in your green refuse bin"
I can see you getting your legs slapped, and being put on the naughty step when the Council's Garden Gestapo examine your green bin! :lol:
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Wizard wrote:
Caz wrote:I never have much garden rubbish and what bit I can't compost, goes in my green bin and I'll continue to do exactly the same.

Tut tut tut Caz.....The leaflet that was left in my green bin clearly states the following "Please note that garden waste cannot be placed in your green refuse bin"
I can see you getting your legs slapped, and being put on the naughty step when the Council's Garden Gestapo examine your green bin! :lol:

Nope! I've always been told that we can put a small amount of garden waste in our green bins. Nobody's ever told me any different! So I'm not changing!!!

When did you get that leaflet? Is it something you've had regarding brown bins being charged for? If so I suspect they've changed their policy so that people pay the £25. :o
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Caz, the leaflet was placed in the lid after it had been emptied.
I'm sure we were allowed a small amount of grass cuttings etc in the green bin, but it now states that garden waste cannot be put in the green bin.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 am

Wizard wrote:Caz, the leaflet was placed in the lid after it had been emptied.
I'm sure we were allowed a small amount of grass cuttings etc in the green bin, but it now states that garden waste cannot be put in the green bin.

You mean you got a leaflet when the green bin was emptied today because I didn't get one! I haven't been asked if I'd like a brown bin either. Not that I want one now. If they wouldn't give me one when they were free, I'm not havining one now you have to pay! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mikeC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 am

I haven't seen that leaflet either. I have a brown bin, but have not received any notification of a £25 fee - where has that piece of information come from?
mikeC
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Copy of leaflet put on green bins yesterday.

whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Next

Return to Warsop Chatter