Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Weather Forecasts Alpha

Discuss anything about Warsop. For users to participate in all discussions relating to the Parish of Warsop that are not related to any of the specific categories below.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Weather Forecasts Alpha

Postby Magic » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Another spell of windy weather tomorrow with forecast winds of 25-35mph gusting to 50-60mph overnight and during tomorrow, easing off as we head into Saturday. Overnight will also see a period of heavy rain but tomorrow day looks to be mostly dry here.
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby Caz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Looks like we have a spell of colder weather due next week, so snow could be on its way. The charts have been hinting at it for the past couple of days but things can change so I'm keeping an eye on the weather charts.

Magic - any thoughts yet?
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

It's nice to see a bit of potential in the models isn't it?! The variation in the members past Monday put it well into FI though.
Definitely something to watch.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic

Postby Caz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Yesterday, the models were pretty much agreed on the potential for snow midweek, but today they're disagreeing, no surprise there then! They are still all showing colder weather though, which will make a change from this wet and windy Atlantic stuff we've been having.

I do love snow but I'm careful what I wish for these days, maybe because we've had so much of it since 2009. :)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 am

Weather watch

The latest low pressure to visit the UK will bring rain and strong winds to our area.
The heaviest rain looks to be around 12-3pm with it turning showery later.
The wind will pick up as the rain arrives but will strengthen further during the evening before easing in the small hours. So expect winds from the south of 20-25mph (gusting 40-50mph) noon onwards then from the south west of 30-35mph (gusting 55-65mph) after 6pm. Possibility of 40mph gusting 70mph for a time around 8pm.
Slowly easing after midnight.

Looks like we might lose a couple more trees, with the ground now being saturated. We hopefully won't have too many problems here but we are not far away from the more dangerous area so if you are traveling that way be aware of the latest information from the MetOffice.

---
Expect there'll be quite a few more people without power tonight.
---
Magic

Postby Caz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:41 pm

This thread is usually reserved for forecasts, but by heck! That was some storm we just had and there are more to follow.

For those interested in tracking lightning, here's a link to the real time lightning map. http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Another windy day in the offing tomorrow. It's expected to be slighly stronger winds than yesterday here - gusting ~45-50mph - so the odd branch comming off should be considered if out and about during the day.
---
Magic

Postby Caz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks Magic. We're getting into the season where local weather forecasts can be very useful.

What are your gut feelings for the weather this winter?

I reckon we could be in for another fairly mild one with not a lot of snow. Of course we know nobody can forecast much further than a few days but after last winter, I'm thinking we could be in a run of milder winters
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:07 pm

Hmm, do you think the direction of the wind early afternoon may require consideration of the Pennines?
Either way, tomorrow is not looking a good day to be driving a high sided vehicle on exposed routes (A1 springs to mind)

---
I'm thinking the first half of winter will be relatively mild...I'd hope less stormy than last year, with probably fairly average rainfall. The second half I'm feeling cooler (but not expecting any big freeze atm) with the possibility of some snow events - probably just a few days - and generally slightly above average rainfall. Dull and wet might be a persisting feature.

Just a gut feeling really with no real data to support it so fully prepared to be wrong 8)
---
Magic

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:50 pm

My snow radar is twitching and judging by the weather coming from the West, we're in for some snow tonight. The rain currently over Wales is turning to snow and heading our way. If you're planning an early morning journey, give yourself extra time.

Magic, your thoughts?
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Sticking with the nowcasting for this one. Looks like there's more rain than snow at the moment generally but the overnight hours will likely see more robust snowfall. There's sleet showing on the radar that'll likely extend to us in a bit. Us waking up to a real snowscape tomorrow I'm not sure on (height is the big factor) but I'm expecting to be watching some falling snow in the street lights.

I think we'll know what the overnight is going to bring within the next couple of hours.
---
Magic

Postby Magic » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Looking good.
We're in a heavier band of precipitation at the moment but it looks like we'll be holding on to snowfall, in some form, for several hours.
Looks like it's starting to settle well, 2-4cm sounds reasonable atm :D
---
Magic

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Temp and Dew Point falling quickly now. Temp is almost down to freezing and Dew Point at -1.2c, so it's likely we'll be waking to a snowscape. Here's hoping they've gritted the main roads.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Wow, it's really coming down now. Roads are covered and our Sky TV has gone off due to the dish being snowed over, so it's a good job we've got Freeview as well. Thankfully, I'm working from home tomorrow instead of having to drive in. It will be lovely working in my conservatory looking over a snow covered garden! :)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:21 pm

I can confirm that it's snowing. Rodas in Mansfield are remarkably slippery: the A60 is poor all the way due to the snow being very heavy and settling immediately.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Chatter