Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

UKIP

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

UKIP

Postby Westmorland » Fri May 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Are UKIP nothing more than a British National Party alternative for the so called Middle Classes and blue rinse brigade ?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: UKIP

Postby BigAl » Sat May 04, 2013 9:30 am

You just about hit the nail on the head :D

If you want to be dragged out of Europe and isolated on your own little island, then vote for them :roll:

Might as well go to Watford Gap, find the plug and pull it out :lol: :lol: Oh iv'e got that sinking feeling :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Sat May 04, 2013 4:30 pm

The votes for UKIP are the public's way of sticking two fingers up to the other main parties. I dare bet a large percent of those who voted for them didn't understand a single UKIP policy or manifesto.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Sat May 04, 2013 7:14 pm

The only UKIP councillor on the County Council lost his seat in Hucknall to Labour

There was a party like UKIP in 1930s Germany and look what happened there
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 pm

I was referring to the increased votes for UKIP in general across the country. I'm really not at all surprised Labour won back control in Notts after the changes and cuts that have been made over the past 4 years under the Conservatives.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:The only UKIP councillor on the County Council lost his seat in Hucknall to Labour

There was a party like UKIP in 1930s Germany and look what happened there

Yeh :D :D :D I ended up with a German wife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Poor Heidi.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue May 07, 2013 1:15 pm

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Big Al I must disagree with him. Not only do I disagree with him, I vehemently disagree with him and his views on the United States of Europe. He can call it the European Union if he wills but the real aim of our political enemies is a United States ofEurope. A cosy set-up for the political elite. Is Al aware that a nice little number is waiting in the USE for Nick Clegg when the voters of Sheffield give him his marching orders? He will follow in the footsteps of Kinnock, practically his entire family, Mandelson and several more wheeler-dealers.
Britain went wrong in the beginning by not going straight in and having a proper say on what concept of a Common Market was being planned. It was to be a common market in which all participating nations would have free access to each other's markets, where industry, trade and wealth would take off. We would never want again. Now look at what we have; an undemocratic bureaucracy comprised of unelected commissioners and legal eagles, a parliament of total wasters that flits, lock, stock and barrel from Brussels to Strasburg and back on a regular basis and at enormous expense. It has a totally unworkable single currency in which hard working Germans are expected to finance the siesta-loving lifestyles of southern Europeans. It doesn't work and never will work but don't expect the freeloaders of the EU Parliament to admit to that.
Our Nigel Lawson who, at one time, was a great advocate of the EU and the single currency is now seeing the light. He's not on his own either. A former German finance minister is singing from the same hymn book. He too is awakening. The Euro is dead. It never did have life. It's time it was decently interred. There will be lots of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. It will be a painful burial and I'm taking no bets on what section of the nations' communities will be most hurt when the enevitable happens.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Tue May 07, 2013 7:59 pm

No problem Elmer, i do not take things on here personally, if fact i do agree with some of what you have said, but i do and will remain pro Europe. Not just because i live in Spain and have lived in Germany for quite a time but i have been fortunate enough to travel to most of the countries in the EU and have seen for myself the benefits and down sides of the way things are done.
I do firmly believe that if the Uk does pull out of the EU then it will really suffer financially and physically. The government cant even sort out the problems the country have at the present time and if the country voted to leave it would be in a whole world of s**t. Look at it from the side of commerce, 60% of exports from the Uk go to Europe, 70%of the countries imports come from Europe, the financial center will move from London to one of the European major cities ( in fact some of that is already happening ). The Motor trade will withdraw its production, and to be honest i can't see there being a great deal left on the employment scene.

Then there is the China problem, they are now starting to pull out of the Uk and move to the EU and America, The idiot Cameron diddn't help that matter much did he but at least now they have banned him from going to China he can't do too much more damage. :D India is about all that will be left and they will sure as hell be raising their prices for things in the near future to help sort out their own problems with poverty etc etc.

Then take the military. At the moment the Uk is dependent on France for sea power ( mainly aircraft carriers ) and will be for the foreseeable future. The armed forces are to undergo more cuts and without the aid of the EU and NATO what chance dose it have, it will become a home defense force and nothing more, ( Maybe a good thing that ) save a lot money and wasted lives fighting other peoples wars.

Where will the Uk go :?: will it really become "the little island of the north west coast of France " as i have over heared from school kids talking about my number plate in the past.

Then you have the ex-pat problem, Spain alone has over a million British families living here and the are as many again in other countries within the Uk. Where are these families going to live and think of all the benefits they will be claiming when they are back on British soil.
Will the Uk be able to afford this, take pensions alone where the ex-pats have worked all their life in the Uk before being laid of and forced to retire early. If they are forced to return to the Uk where are they going to live and the benefits they will be entitled to. ( not me i might add ).

There is a lot to be thought out before any sort of decision is made and then its only going to happen IF the conservatives win the next election. But to top it all off it will be the common person on the ground who is going to be the one suffering and i wouldn't wish that on anyone having seen how it affects people in the third world.

Can the Uk really survive on its own :?: I think not :D :D
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 am

BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby mikkimack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:08 pm

I think UKIP..should have a sleep.. :lol:
mikkimack
Lite Registered User

Return to Debates