Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Universal Credit

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Universal Credit

Postby Westmorland » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

So what do people think about this new Universal Credit that is coming in this year. Will it really help people off benefits and into work or will it just hit those who are already in need?

I believe the benefits system is long over due for a makeover and streamlining and I can see how people are better off on the dole or on the sick than in work. The problem is of course more jobs must be created. I think its only a small percentages that milk the system for everything they can get out of it.

I myself am lucky enough to work for an excellent company in addition to my freelance work for the Chad. Indeed the company I work for as been voted into the top 20 companies of 2013 by the Times Newspaper .
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Universal Credit

Postby BigAl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 pm

It needed doing and capping but as per normal its the ones who have nothing who lose out again. It will mean more "food kitchens" and more people being made homeless and will play its part in delaying the "recovery " of the country ( if there is such a thing ) even more.
As you say there are no jobs for people to do, what next, might be an idea to make people have one job only to make room for more to be employed, but that would mean even more people losing money and getting into difficulties.

Still has not stopped the decrease in tax for the wealthy at the same time so that speaks volumes for itself.

Its a real pity to be sitting here watching the uk slowly descend into a third world country but its getting close to happening.

All i can say is i'm glad i have retired and out of it and left the rat race behind. :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Debates