Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

A Mansion on benefits

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

A Mansion on benefits

Postby Westmorland » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 am

What do people think about this woman who has 11 kids has never worked and has complained to the council that the house she lives in is to small and they are now building her a six bedroom two bathroom house costing £400,000 paid for by the taxpayer, she is on £30,000 benefits a year
Does work pay or is benefits a better way of life?
I myself work, but like many others have at times found myself out of work and used the safety net provided through the national insurance/tax i paid whilst working to claim benefit
This woman is a disgrace to society and is a scrounger
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: A Mansion on benefits

Postby Wizard » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Obviously, she is only claiming the things she is entitled to claim for.
Just like you did when you were out of work.
Did that make you a scrounger?
I don't think that anyone on benefits should get more money from "the system" than someone who is working, but they do, so until "the system" gets itself sorted out, people will always keep claiming what they can, rather than get a job and pay taxes, and start paying money INTO "the system"
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

I think the system is at fault, in some cases there is no inventive to try and support yourself or your family. However, there are also those that simply can't work and as a tax payer I don't believe anyone should live in poverty.

It will always be contentious issue but this women is clearly irresponsible, in that she has mothered 11 children that she knows she can't support. I dont believe however the kids should suffer poverty because of thier mothers lack of responsibility., mum on the other hand is a different storey!
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:13 pm

The system needs to change, she should of been sterilised save us a fortune theres more than just her out there.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

11 kids :?: must be a mixed family, Methinks the fathers of the kids ought to be paying some of the cost.

I agree that you can not blame the kids for their parents actions and think its unfair that they ( the kids ) should suffer for it.

I thought the government had put a cap on the amount people were entitled to or was that just another ( bath time idea ) that our politicians seem to be good at :?:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Sat May 25, 2013 8:13 pm

I was watching a programme on Channel Four last week called Skint Britain and it was in Scunthorpe, they followed the lives of various people living on the breadline including a 21 year old woman who has 5 kids already by three separate men and is now living with a fourth, On camera she said she gets her rent paid for plus £1600 a month in benefits all tax free, this is equal to someone having to work and get around £25,000.00 a year plus. Okay she has 5 children to support but the state didn't force her to follow that route, but it is the taxpayer who is having to pick up the tab for it
The benefits office then found she was living with this chap who she married and stopped her benefits, but she re applied for it all,
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Debates