Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Now he's gone and done it

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Now he's gone and done it

Postby BigAl » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm

The prime idiots speech.

" quote " The rest of EU are laughing at the UK, they know that the UK's PM has just put the final nail in the coffin of UK PLC, as far as investment is concerned.
Who will want to commit to major investment in the UK with such uncertainty that this incompetent PM has created? " unquote "

What next ? He going to start sending people back to where they come from ?

The speech he just made shows to me how out of touch the man and his cronies really are.

Should the uk stay in or leave ???? What are your thoughts ????
( Thats if there are enough of us left to have a discussion ) :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: Now he's gone and done it

Postby Warsop Person » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

You could say the same about investing in an uncertain Europe, all the infighting and arguing, struggling economies and bankrupt states is not really what you would call a good place invest.

Irrespective wether people agree or disagree with this speech, it's content, it timing or even the fact it was made at any time. the fact is that the Europe argument has been bubbling away for years. The people of this country voted to enter a very different Europe to the one we see today.

The in out issue needs to be resolved and a decision taken based on what Europe has evolved into. Living in a supposed democracy a decision of this magnitude should be taken by the people of the nation and not the politicians that will do as there party tells them rather than what their constituents want.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Very true WP, the people of Britain never voted for a United States of Europe, they voted for a common market. As for this dopey PM and his speech, he's said nothing that he hasn't said before the last election. He was going to give us a referendum if he won. He renaged. He is now going to give us a referendum if he wins the next election. Why not now? Because he has no intention of ever giving a referendum, neither has the Labour Party. They are 'all in this together'. The EU is a nice cosy club for politicians and they are never going to give it up.
The PM (Prime Mutt) promises we will have our say by the end of 2017. This will be a very different country long before then. Not far from now there will be a mass influx from Romania and Bulgaria. By 2017 they will have the vote and, with those other migrants already in residence, be capable of changing Subjects of the Queen into citizens of the USofE
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Some good points there from both postings :D my thoughts were along the lines that the referendum will never happen.
My worry though is if it did go ahead and the people opted out :? how long would it be till the Uk, (well England because is see Scotland doing their own thing,) becoming the 55 th state of the USA.
Looking at it logically if the Uk loses trade with europe, has limited trade with Asia where else can it go :?: :?:

Hate to think of what we are leaving for my grandchildren.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Debates