Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

BBC

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

BBC

Postby ELMER FUDD » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Is it about time that the BBC was sold off or that it be cleared out of the deadwood that controls it.
There is something very wrong with an organization that allowed the Saville activities to fester for so long. Now that the affair has been brought into the light the BBC is going through the motions of holding an enquiry that will prove to be nothing more than a whitewash.
There is also this obsession with the US elections. Saturation cover with hordes of presenters from Paxman, Dimbleby, Uncle Tom Cobley and all their crews dashing off on unwarrented freebies when modern technology has rendered such expensive junkets obsolete. Richard Branson and Willy Walsh must be rubbing their hands with glee having made such a pile ferrying that lot to and fro across the Atlantic. I bet the British public were enthralled. It's not over yet of course. There's the inaugeration coming up in the New Year when we will have another mass exudus of Corporation staff thanks to the generosity of the license-paying public
To cap it all we hear that BBC mandarins have blocked a young astronomer from sending radio signals to a newly discovered planet thousands of light years away because of health and safety issues. They fear we might get a reply in offensive language. Offensive language? Now that's rich, coming from the BBC. What idiot thinks we will all be here in thousands of years to be offended if a reply does come? Do they know something we ordinary mortals are unaware of?
Do they consider theirselves to be immortal and untouchable? Time we were told.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Re: BBC

Postby tightwadswife » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:16 am

I think it's been around for so long that it almost is untouchable - or thinks it is - and so much a part of the 'establishment' that people refer to it in tender terms of affection, 'good old Aunty Beeb'. How would you dispose of a dear old aunty? There'd be uproar...
We've been brainwashed for years into believing it delivers a high quality product, unsullied by commercial interests. Actually, they know where there bread is buttered just the same as any commercial channel. Haven't they been the deliverer of well aimed propoganda over the years, Government and otherwise?
As for the US election coverage; What gave them the idea that it's so important to us? We aren't really the 51st state are we? Makes you wonder sometimes. :?
If we got rid of the BBC would we still have to pay for a 'Broadcast Receiving License'?
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 am

As for the broadcasting license the answer should be no. You are paying for a service that they do not provide.
If you are a customer with Sky, Cable or another provider you pay for the service you receive. Why then should you pay the BBC for the privilege of receiving something you are already paying for. No BBC equipment is used, You can even delete the beeb from your receiver altogether.

Its time someone had the guts to stand up to these people and when they come for the license fee say no, "sue me" and take it to the highest courts. It only needs to be done once.
I an damm sure its going to happen some day.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby tightwadswife » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 am

And finally, the DG resigns over the latest Newsnight cock up.
Strolls away with a nice little golden handshake too, £450,000 of licence fee payers money.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 am

That has really stirred up the indignation of our hollier- than- thou MPs. I agree with you TW, it's our money he walks away with. Were you or I to throw in the towel on a job we would leave with nothing.
Getting back to MPs, I heard one yesterday refer to self confessed thief Denis McShane as the Right Honourable. Then we have MP Nadine Dorries out in Australia pocketing £40,000 for doing battle with creepie-crawlies. Should be a walkover for her, coming from a House full of such creatures.
No doubt about it, we are being well served by politicians and broadcasters.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Return to Debates