Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

The News and Reality Shows

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

The News and Reality Shows

Postby whitevanman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

During the last couple of weeks, large chunks of the main news programs have been taken up by events that have happened in soaps or on reality shows Surely this can't be right. How can something that has happened on a fictional show or a contrived event on cooking program be classed as news and warrant a prime time news slot.

Surely there are many proper news stories that need covering without having to fill the half hour slot with drivel.
I don't watch any soaps or reality shows through choice, so why should i still have them thrown at me through news programs
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Re: The News and Reality Shows

Postby BigAl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Maybe it has something with the way "reporters" get their stories, as discussed on a different thread, as to the fact that there is nothing news worthy happening.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

This is something that has been going on for years Whitey. It is a deliberate ploy to keep the general public in ignorance of what's really going on in the 'Democratic' world.
Remember 9/11 as the yanks refer to that Twin Towers attack? One of the Labour government's spin merchants thought it offered a good opportunity to leak some news that might have been detrimental to Blair's popularity if it had too much publicity. The loss of life that day meant nothing else to those people but an opportunity to divert public attention away from their own shortcomings.

Every day one can see papers on news stands, front pages covered with screaming headlines concerning the behaviour of so-called celebreties or the going-on in a fictional TV location.

The tragedy is: this stuff sells like hotcakes and a large proportion of the population wallow in total ignorance of what is being done in their name.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 am

I like to watch the news occasionally, it detatches me from reality when the real world gets too much!
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Debates