Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Police and Crime Commissioners

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Police and Crime Commissioners

Postby Westmorland » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 pm

I voted because I think we all have a duty to vote, people lost their lives in the 19th century and early 20th fighting to get the vote for the common man. There are people in countries around the world who would love to be able to vote but can not and yet we can vote in this country but people choose not to. Even if it just means spoiling your ballot paper to register your opinion/vote then do it

I remember a staunch Liberal the late Jack Rushton who lived on Bishops Walk, he always went to vote even if there wasn't a Liberal candidate, as when he got to the polling station under then names of the Labour and Conservative candidate he made out his own box with the word 'Liberal', put a cross at the side and put into the ballot box, he registered his vote even though he spoilt the ballot paper in doing so
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

I agree!

Then again... it is also everyone's democratic right to choose not to vote.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 pm

I think in this case, people voted by not voting! This is the first time I've not used my right to vote by putting my X in a box. A trip to the polling station for me would have been purely hypocritacal in this case, as I'd no idea what, or who, I was supposed to be voting for. I blame apathy, on the part of the candidates. If one of them had bothered to campaign, I'm sure they'd have got in, given the amount of non voters who, like me, hadn't a clue. :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Warsop Person » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes people have fought and sacrificed for our democratic right (our ability to vote). So tell me this, what was democratic about tacking away a democratic police authority and inflicting a Police and Crime commissioners upon us?

I think your preaching about democratic duty (duty to vote) should not be aimed at those that did not vote, more those in government that dictated this policy without any consultation or hint of a democratic process.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 am

How did you know who to vote for Adrian? Where did you get your information from?........
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Previous

Return to Debates