Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Junk Food

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Junk Food

Postby tightwadswife » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am

I see that feeding your kids junk food is now labelled as 'child abuse'. I retrospectively plead guilty.
I remember feeding my hungry tribe anything that filled them up. They had the roast dinners and the fresh fruit, but they also scoffed jam sandwiches, chips, burgers, and crisps and drank fizzy pop by the gallon. They never became obese or unhealthy because they were also very active.
Could inactivity be just as big a factor as junk food in causing our kids to be overweight and unhealthy? It can't just be the food can it?
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Junk Food

Postby Caz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

I don't believe it's all down to parents. What we could term junk food in the old days isn't the same as today's junk food. Manufacturers have added a whole load of unhealthy ingredients to foods and have flooded the shops with so much processed and preserved food, we hardly have a choice. Then there's advertising and the media glorifying ready meals and fast food like McDonalds.

If feeding junk food to kids is child abuse, surely allowing them to sit in all day playing computer games rather than sending them out to play for exercise and fresh air is also child abuse.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Junk Food

Postby BigAl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm

I agree that it should be classed as child abuse, how are children to learn to cook and bring their children up when all they get in the first place is crap :?: :?:
I agree Caz, a balanced diet is good all round :D if it includes beer and wine :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Debates