Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Rupert Everett

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Rupert Everett

Postby Westmorland » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 pm

The following is a personal view of Rupert Evertt he gave to the Sunday Times, I agree with his comments, what do other people think?

Homosexual actor Rupert Everett has caused a storm of controversy after stating: "I can't think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads."

The star of the BBC drama Parade's End came under fire for an interview he did with the Sunday Times Magazine in which he said he believed that children needed both a mother and a father.

The 53-year-old said his mother Sara had met his boyfriend but 'still wishes I had a wife and kids'.

He said: "She thinks children need a father and a mother and I agree with her."

"I can't think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads.

"Some people might not agree with that. Fine! That's just my opinion.

"I'm not speaking on behalf of the gay community. In fact, I don't feel like I'm part of any 'community'.

"The only community I belong to is humanity and we've got too many children on the planet, so it's good not to have more."

Everett's remarks have raised eyebrows because the star, who was educated at Catholic boarding school Ampleforth, blazed a trail for gay actors when he came out as homosexual 20 years ago.

But he has now been criticised by gay rights groups.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Rupert Everett

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:01 pm

If that's his opinion, that's fine but it's not mine and it might work in an ideal world, but we don't live in an ideal world and many children grow up with only one parent. It's not the gender of the parents that matter, it's the love and guidance parents give to the children. I see children whose heterosexual parents couldn't give a damn about where they are or what they're doing. Surely that's worse.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Debates