Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Ginger or Racist

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Ginger or Racist

Postby Westmorland » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I could not believe an article I read yesterday about a woman with red/ginger hair being paid £150 compensation by a bank due to a remark made tongue in cheek by a bank clerk.

Okay the remark should not have been made and the clerk should have been reprimanded by the Manager and of course an apology issued to the customer, but how can the bank be accused of being racist and pay out £150 to the woman to stop it going to court! The woman says it was not about the compensation, however she turned down an offer of £25 but was quite prepared to settle when they increased it to £150. If it wasn't about money then I wonder if she has donated it to charity.

This compensation culture is getting out of hand, what is wrong with a good old fashioned no strings attached apology.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Ginger or Racist

Postby m8tey » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I hope the bank take the money out of the cashiers wages. What gives him the right to give derogatory remarks to a customer who is keeping him in a job.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Debates