Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

BRIDES

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

BRIDES

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Are they the scourge of the Earth if they turn up late for their big day?

Should they be fined for doing so?

Personally I feel that there may be lots of reasons and a Bride wants everything to be absolutely perfect. If a bride is 10 minutes late - then so be it - I am sure it wasn't deliberate. Any longer than that then I feel they have to be prepared for the service to be amended slightly.

As for getting fined - I think that's a bit extreme.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Re: BRIDES

Postby Westmorland » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

which church fines brides for turning up late, Warsop Church doesn't
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 pm

I don't think it hurts if a bride is ten minutes late for her wedding. It's her big day after all. There are a hundred and one things to do on the wedding morning to make sure that one big day goes to plan and if only two of those things take five minutes longer than planned, she'll be ten minutes late. That may upset the volunteer bellringers though, who are waiting patiently in the bell tower for her to arrive and the bells will have stopped by then as well.

However, there is the other side to it........

What if the bell ringers don't turn up? :shock:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:15 am

What about the groom :?: isn't it his day as well :?: or is that just a side issue :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 am

Oh the groom plays a big part Al, because without him it wouldn't be happening! But it's the bride that everyone's eyes are on and how she looks is important. Nobody goes to a wedding and says, 'didn't the groom look lovely', now do they? And the organist doesn't play, 'here comes the groom'. Of course not, it's the bride everyone's there to see. It's traditionally the bride, or her parents, who pay for it all, organises it and invites guests as well, so the whole day is down to the bride.

Anyway, the groom should aready be there waiting for his bride to arrive, whether late or not and I think that's where the idea of the bride being late comes in. Us women start as we mean to carry on. Keep the men waiting whilst we get ready! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:58 am

Hate to shock you but I actually kept Heidi waiting :D I was the one that was late by a few minutes :) :)

One up for the men :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm

:lol: :lol: I'm all for equality Al! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Debates