Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

MANSFIELD CHAD

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

MANSFIELD CHAD

Postby ELMER FUDD » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 pm

Is the Chad worth buying anymore? Is it time it went the way of the dinasaur?
It is now 85 pence. For what? All right! You can get it for 47 pence if you commit yourself to stick with it for a year but, even then, is it worth it?
I think not, so I have stopped buying it. I was first put off it by the new lay-out and totally gob-smacked by the price increase. I probably would have accepted both if there was any news in its pages. One hundred and four pages and the actual news it contains would scarcely half fill the more informative Warsop News. The rest is advertising. I'm certainly not prepared to pay to read adverts. Goodbye Chad, it was nice knowing you.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Re: MANSFIELD CHAD

Postby Westmorland » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 pm

The adverts pay for the paper

It is a weekly newspaper which covers from Southwell in the East to Bolsover in the West and Holbeck in the North to Ravenshead in the South, there is a separate paper for Ashfield/Alfreton.

There used to be a Warsop and Woodhouse edition but due to the recession this was stopped and there was a large reorganisation at the Chad including many redundancies.

Warsop News is a monthly newspaper and whilst the Chad is weekly but they do try to include as much local stories as they can, but they also have to ensure there is local news for other areas.

The new layout brings into line with its sister papers the Worksop Guardian and Derbyshire Times
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 pm

The ads pay for the paper Adrian, I agree. So why ask tghe punter to cough up eighty five pence in these difficult times?
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 am

i've not bought it for years, the more pressing news articles come on the web anyway and if your on farcebook then add them they come straight to you. no point in paying lol
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 am

tell a lie, i think i bought 1 copy in 5 years lol
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby m8tey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:
There used to be a Warsop and Woodhouse edition but due to the recession this was stopped and there was a large reorganisation at the Chad including many redundancies.

The Chad is of the same mindset as the council, the first sign of trouble cut Warsop out.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:44 pm

m8tey wrote:
Adrian Hardy wrote:

The Chad is of the same mindset as the council, the first sign of trouble cut Warsop out.......

but the chads arms are tied by Mr eggonyaface is it not? lmao
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:49 pm

I don't buy the Chad and I never have, but I don't buy newspapers full stop!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a newspaper where the news it contains is a week or more old :?: :?:

Time it was binned, i don't buy daily papers either Cas as they are full of old news and crappy adverts :D

Each to his own :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Debates