Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Caz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 am

Andrew Daykin wrote:Ha ha :)

"Not only were the colors and the patterns extraordinarily beautiful, but in addition, this material had the amazing property that it was to be invisible to anyone who was incompetent or stupid."

:?: :? Eh? Are you on the wrong website? Was this meant for confulsed .com? :lol:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Andrew Daykin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Ha ha

"Besides being invisible, your Highness, this cloth will be woven in colors and patterns created especially for you." The emperor gave the two men a bag of gold coins in exchange for their promise to begin working on the fabric immediately. "

http://72.52.202.216/~fenderse/Clothes.htm
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby Wizard » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Caz wrote:

"Not only were the colors and the patterns extraordinarily beautiful, but in addition, this material had the amazing property that it was to be invisible to anyone who was incompetent or stupid."

:?: :? Eh? Are you on the wrong website? Was this meant for confulsed .com? :lol:

I knew what you meant straight away Andrew.
Fortunately, in her defence, the Website Manager isn't as old as us, so probably hasn't heard of the Emperors New Clothes ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:15 pm

If Harry wanted to assert a right of privacy, all he had to do was keep his trousers on.

I'm sure that, as a royal, Harry has been briefed on the need for discretion.

It was his decision to get drunk. It was his decision to get naked. It was his decision to allow photographs.

And, apparently, he is also lousy at billiards.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Prince Harry's a*se is shining out of The Sun today.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Andrew Daykin wrote:Ha ha

"Besides being invisible, your Highness, this cloth will be woven in colors and patterns created especially for you." The emperor gave the two men a bag of gold coins in exchange for their promise to begin working on the fabric immediately. "

http://72.52.202.216/~fenderse/Clothes.htm

Ahh! Of course! My brain isn't used to working since retirement!! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Wizard wrote:
Caz wrote:

I knew what you meant straight away Andrew.
Fortunately, in her defence, the Website Manager isn't as old as us, so probably hasn't heard of the Emperors New Clothes ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

:lol: Well, I'm not quite as old as Andrew and I have read it, but it was a long time ago. :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 pm

You tell him old girl :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:02 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:You tell him old girl :lol:

Adrian, less of the girl! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby ELMER FUDD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:08 am

Most of us have had our say about Harry and his capers. Whether we approve or disapprove is not of much consequence.
Neither is it any of our business, that is, if he paid for it out of his own pocket. He ran up quiet a bill for a few nights fun. £30,000, so the story goes. This is not the first time Harry has been free with money, like that ancestor of his Edward V11 he has a penchant for booze and pretty women and I'm certainly not one to complain. As I said before, if it's his money he can do what he wishes with it. But is it his own money? With what the army pays him I think that's highly unlikely. It is taxpayer's money.
I for one, and I'm sure no other member of the general public would willingly put a hand in the pocket and dish out dosh so that Harry or any other parasite connected with the Crown would spend it on urinating against a wall. No! But we have it taken from us and poured into the paws of this dross to do with what they will.
As with all countries we have a well-paid head of state but do we have to fund such a host of parasitical family members? Prince This, Princess That, Duke of Here and Dutchess of There, the list goes on, all living lavish lifestyles at our expense. The Sun can publish pictures of Harry in his pelt in the interest of press freedom and its concern for our right to see what the whole world had already seen, or so it boasts. It would be doing us a real service if it published the figures of what it truly costs us for the upkeep of the entire shower.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby tightwadswife » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:57 am

Totally agree with you Elmer.
I think a lot of people are missing the point. And I'll never understand the need some people have to place this load of leeches on a pedestal.
It isn't so much that this over privileged little twerp frolicked naked in Vegas, it's the fact that he thinks it's OK to do so at the taxpayer's expense.
No doubt the PR chaps at Buck house are mounting a campaign to salavage his public image even as I type. Ensuring enough public sympathy - poor fallible lad (huh) - so he can bounce back as Prince cute and lovable.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

I agree, I can not understand how people can look up to these people, Royals do not live in the real world, they are an outdated institution which many other countries have abolished in one way or another over the centuries. No doubt the Royal PR department will be busy telling us all what a good egg Harry is and how he is the victim.

The tax payer should no longer fund the Royals, then lets see how they cope
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 am

i by no means look upto them BUT abolish the crown and see how tourism plummets, people come from all over to the city because of the crown, so what we pay in i am sure more than gets taken back from tourism in the country!!
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 am

It dates back to when looney King George agreed to let parliament claim the rents from his lands in return for an annual salary for him and his family. This tradition has continued from subsequent monarchs. The value of the rents far exceeds the money paid out in salaries - the net result meaning that the Royal family saves us money.

I don't condone Harry's actions - but if it were any other 27yr old, we'd all be saying 'So what?'.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 am

moanersRus wrote:i by no means look upto them BUT abolish the crown and see how tourism plummets, people come from all over to the city because of the crown, so what we pay in i am sure more than gets taken back from tourism in the country!!

I doubt that it would, do people visit Stratford Upon Avon, York, Bath, Lake District because of the Royal Family? Even in London people come to see the Tower of London, St Paul's, Westminister Abbey, Hampton Court. They do not come to see the Queen.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Debates