Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby whitevanman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:
moanersRus wrote:i by no means look upto them BUT abolish the crown and see how tourism plummets, people come from all over to the city because of the crown, so what we pay in i am sure more than gets taken back from tourism in the country!!


I doubt that it would, do people visit Stratford Upon Avon, York, Bath, Lake District because of the Royal Family? Even in London people come to see the Tower of London, St Paul's, Westminister Abbey, Hampton Court. They do not come to see the Queen.



Although the figures are hard to quantify and several websites come up with different figures. All of them do agree that the Royal Family are a net gain to the country.

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-chart ... osts-53518
User avatar
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Tomas Drouty wrote:It dates back to when looney King George agreed to let parliament claim the rents from his lands in return for an annual salary for him and his family. This tradition has continued from subsequent monarchs. The value of the rents far exceeds the money paid out in salaries - the net result meaning that the Royal family saves us money.

I don't condone Harry's actions - but if it were any other 27yr old, we'd all be saying 'So what?'.


No doubt if Harry didn't have HRH before his name then women wouldn't even give him a second glance in the street. It does prove they are no different to everyone else, so let them get a proper job and live like everyone else instead of sponging off the taxpayer

I am sure this sort of behaviour and far worse is going on all the time on 18 to 30 holidays and no doubt on some Saga holidays when Elmer Fudd is on them :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

whitevanman wrote:
Adrian Hardy wrote:
moanersRus wrote:i by no means look upto them BUT abolish the crown and see how tourism plummets, people come from all over to the city because of the crown, so what we pay in i am sure more than gets taken back from tourism in the country!!


I doubt that it would, do people visit Stratford Upon Avon, York, Bath, Lake District because of the Royal Family? Even in London people come to see the Tower of London, St Paul's, Westminister Abbey, Hampton Court. They do not come to see the Queen.



Although the figures are hard to quantify and several websites come up with different figures. All of them do agree that the Royal Family are a net gain to the country.

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-chart ... osts-53518


People would still visit even if we did not have the Royals, after all we could have Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, St James Palace open to visitors all year round, come and see how the Royals once lived, we would be packing the tourists into the hotels, whilst saving the taxpayer millions in not keeping the Windsors in luxury to which they believe they are entitled.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Caz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:12 pm

I like the fact we have a Royal Family. I know not everyone does, but each to his own.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
User avatar
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager
 
Posts: 20942
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:15 am
Location: Warsop

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 pm

I agree Caz, Ricky Tomlinson and Sue Johnston are excellent
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby whitevanman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Ricky Tomlinson could coin the phrase "Prince Harry's a**e shines out of the sun"
User avatar
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member
 
Posts: 4009
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby ELMER FUDD » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 pm

I think we could leave the Queen out of this debate, after all, she is only a figurehead. Not perfect but we could do worse. President Blair, Ca-moron, Clegg or, heaven forbid, Two Jags?
It is the leeches that are the problem and, by their behaviour, may eventually bring about the dowenfall of the monarchy.
Each and every one should be forced to go out and find a proper job and learn the true value of money.
As for the facts and figures proving that the monarchy earns more than it costs, that is debatable. Don't take this information at face value. It has been mathematically proven that bees cannot fly but we know it's not true. What we are told by the establishment propagandists should be taken with a pinch of the proverbial. The status quo suits them very well.
Excuse me now while I get on with planning my next holiday. Where do you recommend Adrian?
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Bournemouths nice at this time of year Elmer :lol:
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 am

Prince Harry's antics blamed on broken home, family living off taxpayers, growing up on estates & time spent in institutions
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby moanersRus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 am

Adrian Hardy wrote:Prince Harry's antics blamed on broken home, family living off taxpayers, growing up on estates & time spent in institutions


i see you have also seen the joke going around on facebook lmao
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:15 am
Location: My bed, Red's bed not anymore it's OUR bed

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:04 am

I got it off Twitter, which apart from Warsop Web is the only two Social networking sites I belong to

I terminated my Farcebook Account sometime ago as couldn't see the point to it
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Caz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

That gave me an idea for another debate about networking websites.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
User avatar
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager
 
Posts: 20942
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:15 am
Location: Warsop

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby BigAl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:
Tomas Drouty wrote:It dates back to when looney King George agreed to let parliament claim the rents from his lands in return for an annual salary for him and his family. This tradition has continued from subsequent monarchs. The value of the rents far exceeds the money paid out in salaries - the net result meaning that the Royal family saves us money.

I don't condone Harry's actions - but if it were any other 27yr old, we'd all be saying 'So what?'.


No doubt if Harry didn't have HRH before his name then women wouldn't even give him a second glance in the street. It does prove they are no different to everyone else, so let them get a proper job and live like everyone else instead of sponging off the taxpayer

I am sure this sort of behaviour and far worse is going on all the time on 18 to 30 holidays and no doubt on some Saga holidays when Elmer Fudd is on them :lol:


The man had the guts to put his body in danger (like thousands of service people ) past and present so whats wrong with him doing what he wants, its his body. And thinking about it he has done nothing that hundreds of soldiers don't do when they get the chance to get their hair down and relax. Time people grew up and let the kid enjoy his life.
If you think serving in the forces aint a proper job then that just shows how out of touch you really are :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
User avatar
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby Westmorland » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Big Al, the top Brass in the army do not share your view.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Prince Harry fun guy or national disgrace?

Postby BigAl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:Big Al, the top Brass in the army do not share your view.



Big difference between the people on the ground and the a**oles that fight from behind a desk :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
User avatar
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Previous

Return to Debates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron