Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Labour Party Leadership

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Labour Party Leadership

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:56 am

Have they chosen the right leader then?

Will Ed be better than Gordon Brown?

Being a Tory supporter that could never support David Cameron or any of his policiesI have not much opinion on the Labout ledership, but I am sure there are many locals that have.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Labour Party Leadership

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 am

I certainly think they needed a younger person in leadership to keep up with the other parties as it seems to be a young person's game these days, dynamic seems to be prefered over experience in government. Whether that's a good thing or not leaves to be seen but I don't think there's a deal to choose between them.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby tightwadswife » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Maybe they're looking for a 'new broom', and they've chosen Ed Miliband as he wasn't too closely allied to either Brown or Blair.
I agree with Caz, they had to appoint someone young and dynamic to compete with Cameron and Clegg.
He visited meden School back in the summer and was so dynamic he only needed to stay for about seven minutes. Just long enough for a photoshoot actually.
A typical politician, but I suppose we should be prepared to give him a go.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:38 pm

When he visited the Meden he looked totally bored to death with the event and was actually looking into space when some of the pupils were talking to him. I certainly wasn't impressed by him, he only came alive when a camera was pointed at him.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby tightwadswife » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 am

I agree with you on that one Whitey. The picture I got makes him look like a model for Littlewoods catalogue. I only kept it 'cos my gorgeous grandaughter is standing at the side of him.
Don't you think all these career politicians are the same nowadays? All PR and spin and with an eye for a good photo opportunity.
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Does it really matter who has become leader of the Labour Party? Does it matter who becomes leader of any party? What ever they say in opposition, however outstanding an acceptance speech, no matter how revolutionary the new manifesto , when power is achieved all promises are dumped out the window.

We have seen it time and time again but mr. and mrs. Joe Soap never seem to learn. The latest example of the depts of duplicity into which a politician can sink is that displayed by Nick Clegg and a few of his mates.

Anyone expecting truth and honesty from the new Labour leader is living in cloud-cocoo land, wears rose-tinted glasses and is much more simple than the fabled Simon.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Well here's one "Joe Soap" who has learned :D
They are all thieving lying b@s*@*ds and i will vote for none of them.
The only thing they are interested in is looking after themselv's
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby tightwadswife » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:09 pm

You know what Elmer I don't like to admit it but you're right. :D It doesn't really matter at all.
Everytime I turn on the telly they're banging on about this latest boy wonder- I'm fed up with it already.
Why are we even discussing him?
tightwadswife
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Yep, I agree. Politics seem to be more about image as well these days. It's about performance in public rather than performance in government. He who makes the best speach wins!

Nothing to choose between them and I have long been sick of hearing them blame the previous party for the mess we're in. Again tonight on the news, the chancellor was looking all smug because the IMF had praised their financial policies for getting us out of the recession, which was fine until he said, 'Alistair Darling was criticised by the IMF for his policies last year! Ner ner, ner ner, ner! Oh for f**** sake!!!! Cut the playground politics! :twisted:

Why can't they grow up and get on with running the country instead of dwelling on the past and tittle tattling on the opposition like five year olds! They're all as bad!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Ed seems to be bringing Cameron to account for hsi failures

Being in opposition is about asking awkward questions, but of course when you get in power its about not answering them
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Digger » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Tony Blair rearing his head again, saying he wouldn't mind another stab at the prime minister role. Heaven help us!
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Digger wrote:Tony Blair rearing his head again, saying he wouldn't mind another stab at the prime minister role. Heaven help us!

Don't say that digger, just when we thought things could not get any worse!
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:30 am

That prat should be going to jail, nowhere else,
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to Debates