Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Europe

A place to discuss specific topics amongst the company of other forum members. Voice your opinion and make yourself heard in our variety of debates.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Europe

Postby BigAl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 am

IN or OUT

What's your thoughts ???

I will be voting for " IN "

Have fun. :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: Europe

Postby Wizard » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:41 pm

BigAl wrote:IN or OUT

What's your thoughts ???

I will be voting for " IN "

Have fun. :D :D

I wasn't aware that Spain were having a referendum Al ! :lol:

Whatever happened to your prediction (made in September) that the influx of migrants would slow down, and the borders would all soon be open again?

According to the unbiased free Press, more fences and check points are being erected, than are being dismantled.

Looks like you have also got this one wrong as well.

The EEC is crumbling, and will collapse under the strain of having to put up with too many migrants.

Watch this space
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby BigAl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 pm

For your information all ex pats living abroad are entitled to vote. They just have to register online and then follow the simple steps. :D :D

Things will settle when idiots stop shooting at each other. Going to take a bit longer is all and its not being helped by the Ruscies and Americans ( who by the way are not taking refugees either )
Just means more coming to you :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Westmorland » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:04 pm

I am voting to stay IN
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:12 am

Wake up to reality.
Europe has changed forever.
Frau Merkel and the buffoons running the EEC have made a massive mistake in letting all the migrants flood in.
They have supposedly left their own countries for a better life, but want to carry on with their own traditions in our countries.
Sharia Law?
Women being treated as second class citizens?
European women being raped and sexually assaulted in their own cities, and you think this is acceptable?
According to one of the Immams, the German women who were assaulted asked for it by wearing revealing clothing and wearing perfume !!
This is Europe, not some Muslim country, where it is obviously acceptable, according to the Imam.
The sooner we get out of Europe, the better we will be.
The EEC has grown too big, and cannot be sustained.
Even Greece is being threatened with having the Schengen line moved so that they will be left to cope on their own.
Turkey has been given billions of Euros to stop the boat people arriving into Greece, but they have done nothing to curb them. Only the winter weather has slowed them down, not the authorities.
If you want to live in a place that is struggling to cope with the initial influx of people, thats fine.
I don't.
Will you be so welcoming in five years time when 20 million Turks decide to come as well?

Hopefully, the British people will see what is happening, and vote to leave.
When the other member states see we can survive, they will also vote leave as well.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby BigAl » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:57 pm

But by that stage there will be no United Kingdom :D Scots and the Welsh will become separate entities and join the EU. Just as Southern Ireland have and there is the possibility of the north joining the south to remain in the EU.
England will continue its downward slide and become a haven for Muslims and others. Let's be honest, English are a minority already in most of the major cities and towns, :) , do you really think they will all leave and stop claiming whatever they can just because the country is not in the EU ?.

I am not saying I like what is happening or what is going to happen in the future whether the UK is in the EU or not but I am trying to rationalise things from the " big picture " rather than from the prospective the people are being fed in the UK. It could happen this way. :o

Personally I would like the UK to remain in and continue with the changes that are being sought rather than see the country continue on its downward spiral. Yes things are happening with refugees and other problems that most Brits are not aware of but it will improve even if it has to get worse before it gets better.

But then again this is only my opinion. The truth remains to be seen. :lol: :lol:

Have fun
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:44 am

BigAl wrote:But by that stage there will be no United Kingdom :D Scots and the Welsh will become separate entities and join the EU. Just as Southern Ireland have and there is the possibility of the north joining the south to remain in the EU.
England will continue its downward slide and become a haven for Muslims and others. Let's be honest, English are a minority already in most of the major cities and towns, :) , do you really think they will all leave and stop claiming whatever they can just because the country is not in the EU ?.

I am not saying I like what is happening or what is going to happen in the future whether the UK is in the EU or not but I am trying to rationalise things from the " big picture " rather than from the prospective the people are being fed in the UK. It could happen this way. :o

Personally I would like the UK to remain in and continue with the changes that are being sought rather than see the country continue on its downward spiral. Yes things are happening with refugees and other problems that most Brits are not aware of but it will improve even if it has to get worse before it gets better.

But then again this is only my opinion. The truth remains to be seen. :lol: :lol:

Have fun

Oh Dear Al, you are so out of touch with reality.
Not one country who is part of the UK is wealthy enough to join the EEC as a standalone country and take on the Euro, which is what they would have to do because the Pound is the GB Pound.
Southern Ireland doesn't come into the equasion, as they were not part of the UK when we joined the EEC.
England will not continue its "downward spiral" as you call it, by continuing to take in more muslims etc as you claim, because we will have NO ONE telling us we have to share the influx of millions, like the rest of the EEC countries.
Our borders can remain closed to undesireables, as our own government will be making the laws, which cannot be over ruled by your firends in Brussels.
I would love to know how you can see things getting better in mainland Europe, when they continue to let in millions of refugees, who are assaulting western people, and you accept that it ok until its starts to get better. It will not get better.... The muslims will STILL maintain that the woman is a second class citizen, who should be seen and not heard, and covered from head to toes when they go out.
When their Imam said that the girls who were raped in Germany and Sweden, were asking for it because they wore skimpy tclothing and WORE PERFUME.
They want a better life in Europe, but still want to do things their way, and will NEVER conform to the western way of life.
Wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late.
Your friend Frau Merkel is going to end up bankrupting some of the poorer member countries with her debt consolidation plans, and some will be forced to leave the Euro and go back to their own currencies.
Is this your idea of things getting better?
The EEC is in a deep crisis, and allowing all these millions of migrants in, with a totally different culture, is doomed to failure.
Once again, the auditors have failed to sign off the books, and you all find this acceptable?
Give me a break!
No business in the EEC (well certainly in the UK) would be allowed to get away with this, they would be hauled before the courts and given a massive fine for none compliance with the law, but you find it acceptable. Why?
The EEC has grown too big in its quest to be a super power.
It is doomed.
I suspect that you will be like the rest of the ex-pats who live in Europe, who will come scurrying home to the safe haven of the UK when all the 20 million Turks get their free passes into Europe in a few years time.

I was right in my predictions when I argued with your ideas 6 months ago, and things have only got worse.
You said the borders were being dismantled even then, but more and more have been installed.

As soon as the weather gets warmer, the migrants will start swarming into the Greek Islands again by boat. The EEC has threatened to move the Schengen border so that Greece is on the outside of Europe if they don't tighten their borders.
The EEC should be sending some help to the Greek Islands to assist in returning the refugees, but instead Frau Merkel thinks its a better idea to give Turkey millions of Euros and the offer of a visa, if they try to curb the influx.
Is that how you are supposed to look after each member state?

Watch some proper, independent news channels Al, and see what the world REALLY thinks of how Europe is being controlled by the freaks in power.
I had to have a good rant today, as I am going on holiday now , and I thought I would give you something to think about whilst I am away !!
Nice day.... Have one!!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Working for a large global company I have for the last two weeks been working alongside colleagues from Vilnius in Lithuania and Sofia in Bulgaria who have been over on a visit. All are graduates who speak English fluently as well as a number of other languages such as French and Spanish

In a few weeks times some of us will be revisiting them at their offices to see for ourselves the European dream

For me remaining in Europe is a big YES as it brings diversity and we are stronger together

All I here from those who do not want to stay in Europe is the racist card

We currently have the highest number of people in jobs , and the benefits issues is being addressed so what is their problem?

Thousands of UK residents live and work in Europe and anyone can do the same as we have freedom of movement and no work restrictions

David Cameron has secured a deal and now lest back it

Lets stay in Europe and broaden our horizons
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Going on holiday to Europe Wizzard. :D :D :D

Have a good time.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

why were is he going Big Al
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:27 pm

June the 23rd is the date set for the EU in out vote

I will be backing David Cameron to stay in the EU
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Pass, that's why I asked. :D :D :D
Would be funny if he is having a go at Europe but going there for the benefits of a cheap holiday :lol:
If he's in Spain he's welcome to come and share a bottle of wine or two :P .

To reply to his question about me returning to the UK. NOT A CHANCE :D hell will freeze over first ;)
I have dual nationality, English / German and Spanish residentia. I read and write in 5 languages and speak another 4 passably. Why would I think about returning to the UK ? I pop over now and again to see family but that's about as far as my interest goes there :) :) .

Another thought though is what happens if the millions of ex-pats in Europe have to return to the UK ?. Where will they all be housed ? The NHS is struggling now without more pensioners to look after. And this will be on top of the immigrants that are going to end up there. Methinks the country may have a problem especially as Scotland has already said in parliament that they will have another referendum with a view to splitting from England and remaining in the EU. ( this has been reported on a lot of countries news channels ) as it happened live on TV. :D

Oh I hate politics :? :roll:

Have fun
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Debates