Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Carnival Revelation

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Carnival Revelation

Postby Caz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 pm

moanersRus wrote:so the article of the carnival committee treasurer is proverbial stirring?

I haven't read the article, but I suppose they have every right to quote someone even if it's only the opinion of one person. :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 am

When I helped organise the 2007 Carnival as Secretary, MDC attended the early meetings back in November/January, they were emailed the minutes of every meeting and by putting everything in email to them and ensuring the email was tracked so i knew who had opened it and at what time and if they had forwarded my email onto anyone else, i was able to keep MDC under a certain amount of control and when they said they had not received my communication, i just sent them proof showing them what time and who had opened the email.
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:15 pm

But in 2007 there were not nearly as many hoops to jump through as there are now and that makes a very big difference. Representatives from both MDC licencing and environmental health departments, as well as Police liaison were present at most of the meetings for the Christmas Market and always got copies of meeting minutes, whether present or not. That still didn't stop last minute hitches and amendments!!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:58 pm

If it was me running a carnival like this, I think I would have been ringing the Four Warsop Councillors up at 2am in the morning as well as the Officers in charge at MDC saying that if I was awake worrying about the carnival due to their redtape, then so will they!
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:24 pm

BorisTechMark2 wrote:If it was me running a carnival like this, I think I would have been ringing the Four Warsop Councillors up at 2am in the morning as well as the Officers in charge at MDC saying that if I was awake worrying about the carnival due to their redtape, then so will they!

Good for you Borish
"How to make friends and influence people!
Things change over time, and I think the Carnival committee were always going to be at odds with MDC, and even the police for that matter.
More and more restrictions were being imposed on them, making it almost impossible to organise anything in the end.
There's only so many hoops you can jump through.
By the way Borish, why are you so bitter and twisted against anyone who tries to do something for Warsop (and surrounding areas)?
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

BorisTechMark2 wrote:If it was me running a carnival like this, I think I would have been ringing the Four Warsop Councillors up at 2am in the morning as well as the Officers in charge at MDC saying that if I was awake worrying about the carnival due to their redtape, then so will they!

That's precisely the point Boris! Nobody should be worrying about red tape at 2am. However, some people do care and put in a lot of their spare time into organising things in the community. Being dedicated and committed means doing what's necessary whatever time of day it may be.

If I were worrying at 2am, that would be my fault, not that of councillor or officer and I'd question whether it was worth taking it on again. I see new volunteers coming into a committee with such great enthusiasm and it's so sad to see them giving up after the first year because it's far more involved then they thought and it's such a thankless task.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:56 pm

OK, let's keep it clean and non personal. I've just removed and edited a couple of posts. Please try to stay on topic and leave out the personal attacks!

Thank you!!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to Warsop Carnival