Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Cancelled - Warsop Carnival 2012

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Cancelled - Warsop Carnival 2012

Postby Caz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Due to waterlogging of The Carrs and further rain forecast, the committee regret that the carnival scheduled for Sunday 8th July 2012 has had to be cancelled.

The music event will still go ahead but has been moved to the Market pub on High Street, from 12 noon onwards on Sunday.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Cancelled - Warsop Carnival 2012

Postby Wizard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Caz wrote:Due to waterlogging of The Carrs and further rain forecast, the committee regret that the carnival scheduled for Sunday 8th July 2012 has had to be cancelled.

The music event will still go ahead but has been moved to the Market pub on High Street, from 12 noon onwards on Sunday.

What a shame.
All that organising, and all in vain.
I can fully understand the reason why it has been cancelled, and to be honest with you, I don't think it will return.
All the trade stands have lost their £75.00 that was robbed off of them by MDC, so I don't think that they will want to risk it in the future.
I hope I am wrong,but the way things are going, what with the rising costs and extra obsticles that are put in the way by Elf n safety and MDC, I have my doubts !!
Thanks must go out to ALL the organisers who have work all year trying to put the Carnival on.
Well done to you all!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Ironically, the minute the decision was announced, it stopped raining. However, The Carrs is in no state to carry any kind of traffic at all right now. Under normal circumstances it's fairly quick draining but when the ground is already sodden from all the rain we've had recently, it has nowhere to drain to. In any case, even if it doesn't rain again before Sunday night, it still isn't fit for the heavy equipment to be moved in during today and tomorrow to prepare for the carnival.

This is such a blow and you may be right Wizard. As well as the increasing red tape, the volunteer committee decreases every year, so the workload and risk per person is possibly beyond manageble.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby RedDevil » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm

I've just posted it on the chad facebook site as a couple of people were asking this morning i've put a link on to warsop web
RedDevil
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:25 pm

BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 pm

RedDevil wrote:I've just posted it on the chad facebook site as a couple of people were asking this morning i've put a link on to warsop web

Thanks Red. We need to get this out as much as possible so that people don't turn up on Sunday and be disappointed. I know that people come from all over the country to our carnival. I've been on car parking duty for quite a few years and it never fails to amaze me just how far people have driven to get here.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Shame about the carnival, but although we've not had as much rain as surrounding areas it was bound to make the ground extremely soft and make the setup impossible.

The Black Market has taken over some of the event, however, and it's a very nice (indoor) venue in the middle of Market Warsop. See the rearranged schedule here;

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/409610_323159581106559_1648261123_n.jpg

Hopefully this will attract some of the visitors that had planned to visit the Carnival.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 pm

it sounds okay if you like music
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Happy Humphrey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

...or bingo, or food, or drink. Be fair, it's good to have some part of the carnival still going ahead and the Black Market have done well to take this on at very short notice. (I have no connection with them, by the way!)
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Heidi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 am

Oh well
I get to keep my pocket money till next year then ?????
many know my smile, but dont know what I feel...........
many hear what I say, but dont know what I think.....
many see what I write, but dont know the meaning behind it..
many say they know me, but only know what I look like....
Heidi
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:48 am

if any one doubts the decsion taken yesterday to cancel the carnival, then i suggest they go and have alook at the unfortuante mess being left by the fun fair as they depart. Deep muddy tracks left on the grass.

If the carnival had gone ahead then we would have seen this sort of mess all over both side of the Carrs, so yesterdays decsion although sad for thousands of people was the right one
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I've been down there again today and it is a bit of a mud bath, but they are working hard to level out the ruts left by the lorry wheels.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:48 am

what a difference two weeks makes
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm