Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Carnival 2011

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Carnival 2011

Postby Tania » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Carnival AGM will be held upstairs in our newly decorated council chamber in the Town Hall
on Tuesday 19th October at 7pm
Come along and join us we need new committee members - the more the merrier!
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Carnival 2011

Postby Tania » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 am

SUNDAY 3rd JULY - 12noon till 7pm
Theme - A DAY AT THE MOVIES
All will be revealed in the next edition of Warsop News - out on 30th March.

Next meeting - Tuesday 22nd March 6pm in the Town Hall - Everyone welcome.
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tania » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

Titan the Robot (as seen on TV)
Moto Stunts International
Open Air Music Festival with x-Factor's Rachel Adedeji 12noon - 7pm

Shine will be hosting a day at the Movies on Saturday 2nd July in the Adam Eastwood Community Venue.

Next Carnival meeting Tuesday 5th April 6pm in the Town Hall.
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Sallyann » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Titan the robot,i'm sure i suggested him a few years back :lol: Not such a good idea then though :lol: My son cannot wait for the carnival,looks like there is lots to look forward to
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes, I remember that you did recommend Titan in 2007 Sallyann. It was decided not to have it then as it didn't fit in with the theme. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2466&start=15

Here's the topic where Titan was discussed at lenght. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2453
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 am

Does anyone have the web address link for the carnival? I did a Google search but the site isn't too obvious. There must at least be a Facebook page?
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Sorry, there isn't a separate website for the carnival. I usually put things on here such as booking forms etc, but I haven't had them yet. There's a link on the Warsop Web homepage to the Warsop & District News, http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/WarsopNews where you can find all the carnival information. The page from the latest edition is http://www.warsopweb.co.uk/WarsopNews/archived/june2011/W&DN%206.11%20Web%20P1.pdf
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks; I had a look but there doesn't seem to be much information there.
I was hoping for a list of what's on (which bands are performing, and ideally what time the acts and events are on etc.). I can't afford the time to just stay there all afternoon and I might not want to buy a programme if there's not much that I'd be interested in.
Normally there's a Facebook page so that you can at least get an idea of exactly what the lineup is (and so you can share the event and draw in a lot more people!).
I know you might not want to give away too much if it makes the printed programme less saleable, but at the moment it's quite difficult to even know that the event exists.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Sorry Humphrey, I can't help you there. I wasn't even aware there was usually a facebook page. I know programmes are currently on sale but I haven't seen any timings for events this year. I'm sorry I'm not being much help but I'm not on the carnival committee this year as I've been busy with other things. I'll be doing the car parking though and selling programmes and you'd be supporting the carnival by buying one as all the money goes towards funding the carnival. :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I wasn't clear; I meant that normally when there's an event of any type without its own web page there's at least a Facebook page so that people know about it and can pass it on to others.

Perhaps I'll buy a programme; but money is tight and I might not risk it if I guess that there's nothing of interest.
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby moanersRus » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 pm

i was not aware of a facebook page either i've always got the info off here or the programme
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:40 am

Programmes are only £1, 50p of which goes to a local charity.

Entertainment wise there is:
Titan the Robot (as seen on TV)
Moto International Stunt Show - crashes, falls and flames a plenty (to go with this year's 'A Day at the Movies' theme.
It's a Knockout

And Carnival classics such as:
The Classic Vehicle Show
Fun Dog Show
Fairground

Plus:
Rotary Duck Race
Warsop in Bloom flower show
Archery
Judo Display
The Joker circus skills arena
Canoe club pool - have a go yourself
Donkey Rides
Inflatable zoom balls
Quad bikes
Laser tag
Climbing Wall

And music by:
Xpose (grand finalists in a national music competition and due to play the O2 arena on 23rd July --> watch them - they really are next big thing!)
and music from Rachel Adeji (X Factor grand finalist)

Plus much much more.

Timings are ongoing throughout the afternoon from noon till 10pm.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Caz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks TD! :D So there you have it, a run down of what's on! And it's always a good day! But I think it's 12 noon till 7pm, rather than 10pm - that's what it says in the WDN.

I understand money is tight and it's just the same with the carnival. Local Authority funding has been cut over the past couple of years and it's down to the volunteer organisers to raise money, otherwise it wouldn't go ahead. The printing of the programme is funded by the advertisers and the money from the sale of programmes goes towards paying for the carnival. There isn't an entrance fee to the carnival, so I'm sure you'd agree £1 isn't a lot to pay.

Without funds, the carnival simply wouldn't go ahead and it really is a lot of effort by the small committee, to make ends meet. There are always a few dedicated people who feel the show must go on! And it does, through their efforts! So please support it! :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Happy Humphrey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Yes, thanks Tomas. It does look interesting and I'm sure I'll make the effort to come along (and buy a programme too!).

But perhaps next year the committee would consider spending half an hour putting a Facebook entry in so that a few more people find out about it? It's free, and pretty easy (no, I don't have any connection with Facebook!).
Happy Humphrey
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 pm

A facebook page is a good idea but the only problem is someone needs to do it. You have to understand that the committee are all volunteers and they're not always the same each year, it depends who volunteers, but none of them are paid and there are never more than a handful of them with a lot of tasks to cover. They are always looking for new volunteers as well, so if anyone has a skill, or just time to offer, you'd be very welcome on the committee. The planning for the next carnival starts as soon as this one's over. As usual, I'll be posting on here to let you all know when the meetings are for the next one. In the meantime, if anyone would like to give a hand at the carnival, please contact Tania at the Town Hall, or pm her. :wink:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Next

Return to Warsop Carnival