Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Fundraising!

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Fundraising!

Postby Caz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Right folks! It's that time of year again and I'm thinking we need to start fundraising for next year's carnival. You all did brilliantly last year and raised £3,000 by selling the dvd's. I was hoping I'd be doing another this year, but as yet, nobody's come forward with enough footage, so it looks like a non starter.

I'm organising a gig with Ferocious Dog as the Headlining band. They've very kindly offered to do it free of charge and I know they have a big following in Warsop and I can guarantee it will be a great night. The gig is costing absolutely nothing, everything has been given free, so every penny made from ticket sales will go towards the carnival. I'm hoping to sell 200 tickets at £5 each and raise £1,000, or at least I hope you lot will sell tickets for me! :wink:

Tickets will be on sale from tomorrow lunch time at Warsop Town Hall and Clumber Pets, erm, I'd better ask Clumber Pets if they don't mind selling them! :oops: Who wants some to sell? who wants to buy some?

Come on then, let's get this show on the road! :wink:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Tania » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Me!
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Fundraising!

Postby whitevanman » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:29 am

Caz wrote:.............Tickets will be on sale from tomorrow lunch time at Warsop Town Hall and Clumber Pets, erm, I'd better ask Clumber Pets if they don't mind selling them! :oops: Who wants some to sell? who wants to buy some?

Come on then, let's get this show on the road! :wink:

I'll pop in sometime tomorrow and twist his arm for you :lol:
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Caz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 am

:rofl: Ahh, you have a way with him Whitey! Thank you! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby langameringue » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:39 am

The D.V.D. was very popular last year and its a shame there is not enough footage to produce a new one.

There must be a mountain of old photos out there , of Warsop, which many haven't seen, Would it be possible to collate them on disc as a slideshow, set to music /or with a commentary.

Will there be a Warsop crimbo card this year?
No matter where you go-There you are!
langameringue
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:43 am

Mmm, well I do have a lot of old photos but they're not what I took and I'd need to contact a lot of people for permission to use them. Maybe next year for another video, even if it's a slideshow.

Christmas cards - would people want one again do you think? I have a snowy picture of the Mill that I did specially for a card, but I'm not sure they'd sell again. Maybe that's a maybe for this year. It's a definite if there's a demand and I don't mind doing them!!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Warsop Carnival