Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Arena ideas

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Postby Sallyann » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:09 pm

We hired a fantastic entertainer for my son's birthday.The great lorenzo,if i remember rightly he does fetes and carnivals too! He was a hit with the kids................... and parents too,i know one or two asked for his details afterwards.
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Tania also mentioned that she'd seen a brilliant act at Chatsworth, I think she said it was terrier racing or something but she said the crowd loved it. I think she's got the info for it as well.

Phill and jilli - how about you two helping on one of the sub-committees? I think you'd both be invaluable.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:18 pm

phill wrote:This is not something for the arena, but i have a great contact for a Street Theatre company called Swank. They are based in Nottingham and do alot of work for big shows at Rufford Park etc. They really are great and a big hit with everyone. I'll pop the information into your office Caz for you to look at.

Ive seen a D.V.D of Swank in action from Phill. Maybe he could pass this on to the Carnival Committee.

The D.V.D was really good and funny!. :rollinglaugh: :)
Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
Dan
Lifetime Registered User

Postby jilli » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Caz wrote:Tania also mentioned that she'd seen a brilliant act at Chatsworth, I think she said it was terrier racing or something but she said the crowd loved it. I think she's got the info for it as well.

Phill and jilli - how about you two helping on one of the sub-committees? I think you'd both be invaluable.

I'll have a think on that one Caz, lots of family committments at moment.
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Yes, jilli I do understand and that's why I didn't particularly want to commit myself, but I got talked into it. :lol:

The thing is, if lots of people can put in a bit of effort it's better than just a few putting in a lot of effort and exhausting themselves. Of course, everyone has the opportunity to have their share of input on here as well, whether or not they want to be at meetings.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby phill » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:37 pm

I think i could do something on a sub committee, Caz. I'll pop in and see you during the week if your around.
phill
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tania » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:54 am

We saw Cyril the Squirrel and his racing terriers at Chatsworth it's funny and he's cheap £600 you can book him through same agency as titan.

Do not even think about the JCB dancing diggers they were almost as embarrassing as the axe men!
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby sam@warsopcarnival » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:49 pm

katie is looking into how much titan and some of the other robots are to hire for the day ,maybe he will paying a visit to our carnival next year !! :D
sam@warsopcarnival
Lite Registered User

Postby Porthos » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm

I've seen costs for Titan at around £1300 :shock:
But although it mingles with the crowds for a while, watching the main performances on youtube, they all seem to be the same - which is a little disappointing. Would have liked to have seen a bit of variation or evolment over time.
Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs!
Porthos
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 pm

I'm also interested in the act Tania saw at Chatsworth - Cyril the Squirrel and the racing terriers! She was quite taken by it and if it's good enough for Chatsworth, well.....
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby whitevanman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 pm

I've just got a brochure from one of the agencies that deal with Titan and there are loads of good idea's. Some are relatively cheap.

I'll post some on here when i've read it properly to see what you think. I,ll try and find web links to the actual acts.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby La Fiama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Last years arena entertainment including Its A Knockout and the air show cost around £6500.00, then there was the Joker so intotal it was about £7500.oo for entertainment
La Fiama

Postby jilli » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Is the Committee OK with you posting costs on here? I know the AGM is not a 'confidential' meeting, but nevertheless.... Just doesn't seem right to me.
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:32 pm

As a member of the committee and ex-treasurer it was always my philosophy that it was a public event and we were spending public money in part, therefore the public had a right to know what everything cost.

However that is my own personal opinion and The Committee is a committee, therefore decisions are and should always be made by the group.

Was that a suitably on the fence answer :lol: ... I should get into politics :wink: .
Last edited by Tomas Drouty on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby La Fiama » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 pm

jilli wrote:Is the Committee OK with you posting costs on here? I know the AGM is not a 'confidential' meeting, but nevertheless.... Just doesn't seem right to me.

I am not a committee member, however as the former secretary no one on the committee has had the courtesy or decency to either email me or post me a copy of the accounts.

My secretarys report was put on line

Anyway back to the arena events and what should there be and how much would it cost
La Fiama

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Carnival