Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Arena ideas

The community's biggest event of the year. Discuss ideas for the next carnival, make suggestions and read latest meeting notes. This is your opportunity to contribute.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Postby Caz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:30 am

Is that something that would be better suited to the Saturday 'Arts' day do you think? I do hope you can make the next meeting as you really need to put these ideas into action and we're discussing this at the 25th October meeting, 6pm, Market Pub!
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby sunny jim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:31 am

Caz wrote:

I also like the idea of the climbing wall, maybe that can be incorporated in the Saturday events as well. I think the Saturday should involve more sports and arts. If you've got a contact for them Sunny, I'll make sure it gets to the relevant person at the next meeting.

It "should" be free to hire in if its owned by the council - (if the council disagree then cut them out of the event! :lol: ) - I saw it being used at Manor centre last week and realised that it'd be quite useful on carnival day. You work for the council dont you? If so do you have a contact, I think theres just a number to ring to call em out?
sunny jim
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:44 am

No Sunny, I don't work for Mansfield District Council and I don't have a contact number for whoever put on the climbing wall, or even have a clue which deparment it might have been. Do you have any idea which department might have been involved? Departments just don't talk to each other! Believe me, you have no idea how difficult it is getting this kind of information from the Authority! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby sunny jim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am

Caz wrote:Is that something that would be better suited to the Saturday 'Arts' day do you think? I do hope you can make the next meeting as you really need to put these ideas into action and we're discussing this at the 25th October meeting, 6pm, Market Pub!

I'm screwed, I cant do thursdays at all unless its after 9pm.
sunny jim
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Would anyone like to see a demonstration of how a fire crew cut someone out of a car with their gear? Maybe they could stage a mock up. Or do you think that's too gory for a carnival?

Just an idea cos they've done chip pan fires before at the carnival and I was just thinking of something different!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby whitevanman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 am

Good idea, give them a chance to show off the equipment they use as some of it is very sophisicated, and it would be interesting to see it in action.

I'm sure they could be supplied with a few untaxed cars to practice on :D
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Caz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 am

That's what I thought Whitey. I'd like to see it done and maybe with running commentary as well, it would be interesting. I just wondered if some people might think it's a bit gory.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Bignij » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

Caz wrote: I just wondered if some people might think it's a bit gory.

I don't think they'd use real casualties Caz. Although a few spring to mind if they really want to.:)
Bignij
Lite Registered User

Postby Troy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 am

i have seen them do this before ...a few years ago,
i found it very interesting and not gory at all,
i think its agreat idea :D
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tania » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:39 am

I'd like to see it.
Tania
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:37 am

Bignij wrote:
Caz wrote: I just wondered if some people might think it's a bit gory.

I don't think they'd use real casualties Caz. Although a few spring to mind if they really want to.:)
Actually I thought I might volunteer. A lie down might do me good! :lol:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby La Fiama » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:45 pm

La Fiama

Postby sunny jim » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:26 pm

I like the fire brigade idea.

Its reminded me of something - most of the big public services want to show their faces at carnivals and community events, etc, to show a good public image of themselves. I went to Manchester Pride a couple of years ago and the police, armed forces, NHS, even the prison service were all parading with rainbow flags. Could we get the same here?

Could the army come and set up a bit of an assault course somewhere, or park a tank up for all the kids to climb into and have a look around?

What about getting the RAF to bring a fighter jet to display, or even just a flight simulator? They've done this beforeat Melas, so its worth a try?
sunny jim
Lite Registered User

Postby Sallyann » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:28 pm

sunny jim wrote:I like the fire brigade idea.

Its reminded me of something - most of the big public services want to show their faces at carnivals and community events, etc, to show a good public image of themselves. I went to Manchester Pride a couple of years ago and the police, armed forces, NHS, even the prison service were all parading with rainbow flags. Could we get the same here?

Could the army come and set up a bit of an assault course somewhere, or park a tank up for all the kids to climb into and have a look around?

What about getting the RAF to bring a fighter jet to display, or even just a flight simulator? They've done this beforeat Melas, so its worth a try?

Good idea! I've often seen army recruiting sessions,perhaps they could do one at the carnival
Sallyann
Lifetime Registered User

Postby sunny jim » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:30 am

What does everyone think to

Bolywood dance lessons

Easy to learn, hundreds can do it at once, fits in with the theme of the day, won't cost the earth to lay on.

It can be arranged, but wouldnt mind some feedback first
sunny jim
Lite Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to Warsop Carnival