Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Avira anti virus

A place to discuss and post all about personal computing including new technlogy, reviews, technical support, networking and other home related technology issues.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Avira anti virus

Postby BigAl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Just a note to let peeps know that i recently had trouble with the free version of Avira anti virus and had to change. :)
It got a virus and affected my laptop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now trying out the new version of AVG :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Re: Avira anti virus

Postby Andrew Daykin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:11 pm

I use the Free version of AVG on a ThinkPad I have but I do not 100% trust it. All my emails and work are on Mac computers.
I'm no expert, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Andrew Daykin
Super Registered User

Postby Digger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm

My view as an ex-IT worker is how much can you trust something which is free and being run by someone not being paid for their work? It's the old saying, "you get what you pay for".
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Gazzer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm

If your looking for Anti Virus and Internet Security software. I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

I've had this running on all 3 of my systems for the past 12 months and wouldn't dream of purchasing any other software again.

It's been brilliant, it doesn't slow your system down like many out there, and you know its trustworthy as its from Microsoft and designed to work in relation and alongside Microsoft Windows.

You can find it on the Microsoft website here.
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader
Support & Development Team Leader

Return to Tech' Zone