Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Upgrading Ram

A place to discuss and post all about personal computing including new technlogy, reviews, technical support, networking and other home related technology issues.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Upgrading Ram

Postby Nottingham89 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 pm

I bought my laptop in the USA back in May 2008 and I still have it because I cant afford another. There is only 1.00GB of Ram on it and that is not enough, can any one recommend any where or any one who could upgrade it on the cheap?
Nottingham89
Lite Registered User

Re: Upgrading Ram

Postby Magic » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Installing/replacing SODIMMs is usually quite straight forward, but if DIY is not an option for you then I can only suggest asking at the computer shops in the area.

If you use a 'system scanner' from a memory sales website you should be able to see what you've currently got installed and what the max you can have is - should at least give you a rough idea what the hardware costs will be.
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member
Support & Developer Team Member

Re: Upgrading Ram

Postby moanersRus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 am

or if you know the model and make then look on the website if you dont know how to use the scanner and it will tell you in the specs
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Tech' Zone