Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Slow Internet?

A place to discuss and post all about personal computing including new technlogy, reviews, technical support, networking and other home related technology issues.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Slow Internet?

Postby Caz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Is it just me, or is the internet slow today? I've tried several different connections/servers/locations and everywhere has just been frustratingly slow. Then to top it all, our server has just had a blip and Warsop Web was down for a few minutes.

Maybe the cold weather is keeping everyone indoors and on the internet, thus slowing everything down! :roll:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Re: Slow Internet?

Postby Digger » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Since 8pm I've been gaving problems but only on this site. Kept getting time-outs, then it suddenly cleared up about 20 mins ago. All other sites that I was accessing via 2 other open windows were working fine. Saw you on Facebook and nearly sent you a message to let you know what problems I was having.
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Yes, our server has been acting up and I think they might have re-booted as it suddently resolved. Yes, I did pop onto facebook to see if Gazzer was there, I was wondering if he was updating something. I've also had problems at work today, which could be a coincidence and problems on the weather website, which could be because we're expecting snow and everyone's trying to find out when theirs will arrive. Bloody technology!!! :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Digger » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Great when it's working!! I've just used EZvinyl to convert an LP into iTunes. Works most of the time, then I wondered why I had 2 tracks with the same title. Played them both and they were different tracks! Luckily it let me edit the wrong one.
I wish I was fishing
Digger
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 pm

There was something on the news this morning about a virus causing havoc. I wonder if the slow internet yesterday was owt to do with that. It seems much better today. Fingers crossed!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to Tech' Zone