Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Google Chrome

A place to discuss and post all about personal computing including new technlogy, reviews, technical support, networking and other home related technology issues.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Google Chrome

Postby Gazzer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 pm

For those people who havn't heard or seen this yet, Google Chrome is a new web browser from Google.

After using Mozilla's Firefox for some years, i thought today i'd install Google Chrome and give it a chance.

I must say from when i installed it, i've noticed a significant increase in speed compared with other web browsers i use (that i use everyday!).
It really is the browser when it comes to fast downloading and loading all content quickly. All page content is there in seconds!

Its simplicity in design and structure is brilliant for the novice users amongst us, and security is on the same parr as all other web browsers.

So after an impressive start (and i am impressed) i've converted to Google Chrome.

For those whos interested in seeing what all my fuss is about, you can find it at http://www.google.com/chrome
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader

Re: Google Chrome

Postby Tomas Drouty » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Get with the times Gazzer ... been using chrome for a while now :)
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby Gazzer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:09 pm

I've always stood by FireFox, and never considered giving Chrome a shot. Well worth it though.
Gazzer

Postby moanersRus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:25 am

blimey that is quick
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most
moanersRus
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

got hacked off with chrome a few months ago because it thought it knew better than me and I always know best, also our ICT protection team warned us about the security of it even after the new patches were released. I had been using Firefox for about 5 years but decided to swap because the update corrupted my some elements of my OS (windows 7). I have been using Opera now for a few months and find it v good, that said I am sure I will fall out with it anytime soon!
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Return to Tech' Zone