Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Hello from a newbie.

Come and say hello! If you’re a new member on the Warsop Web Forum, introduce yourself to other forum members and join in all the fun.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Hello from a newbie.

Postby Le Chat Noir » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Thought I'd just drop in to introduce myself as my husband and I will be moving into Market Warsop some time in April.
Both born in Newcastle upon Tyne, we have just returned to the UK after 22 years in SW France. We actually started our property search in Cornwall but discovered your area completely by accident while on holiday with friends. We were completely enamoured and the rest, as they say, is history.
We are both animal lovers although our little family has reduced from 3 horses, 4 dogs and many cats, to just one ginger and white moggy.
I love baking, all kinds of craft and art, amateur dramatics, cycling and walking. My other half is very much an automobile nut. He also loves problem solving in any form.
Looking forward to joining you all up there.
Le Chat Noir
Lite Registered User

Re: Hello from a newbie.

Postby Magic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 am

Welcome to the forum Le Chat Noir :D

Sounds like you like to keep busy. There are certainly plenty of places to go walking and cycling on the doorstep and near by. Personally I like to be out in the woods - plenty of space to think while out with the dog.
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby Le Chat Noir » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Sounds perfect! We have been sofa surfing in the London area for the last couple of months and it's not too easy to find a good place to walk or cycle. There's just too much traffic. We lived in an enormous farmhouse with lots of land out in France and it is rather a shock to the system coming back to the UK. I'm sure we will settle into Market Warsop quite quickly.
Le Chat Noir
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi Black Cat! Welcome to the forum and to Warsop. It sounds like you've had a varied and interesting life and I envy you living in France, although I think you'll be happy in Warsop.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Le Chat Noir » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Caz. It's really difficult moving to a new area where you have no friends. I am well aware of the mixed feelings towards newcomers in small towns where is high unemployment and a strain on public services. I guess I really want to pressure people that we fully intend to give as much back to the community as we may take from it. I'm sure it will all be fine.
Thanks again.
Le Chat Noir
Lite Registered User

Return to New Member?...Introduce Yourself!