Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

New Kid on the Block.

Come and say hello! If you’re a new member on the Warsop Web Forum, introduce yourself to other forum members and join in all the fun.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: New Kid on the Block.

Postby molly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Forgot to say,I'm a big fan of new kid's on the block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
molly
Lite Registered User

Postby 999Aidie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 pm

molly wrote:Hi, and welcome. Im new to the forum as well.

Hi Molly,

Thank you for the Welcome, you must take a look at the Edwinstowe Forum http://www.edwinstowe.co.uk/forum/phpBB3/

Cheers for now.

Regards,

999Aidie.
Return with your Shield or on it. ------ Old Zulu war cry.
999Aidie
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 am

Hi again Aidie, just been having a look at some of the other sites you are on.
Your photography project looks interesting, what exactly is it. (not had time yet to completely read your blog).
As people on here know, i'm also a very keen photographer.
I was wondering if i already knew you when i was reading your blog because i already know a keen photographer in Edwinstowe called Ady. Not so though, as he as not yet retired.

Havn't you gone digital yet? :lol:
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby 999Aidie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Whitevanman,

I'm Nottingham based, my Photography has swung over to the Weird and Wonderful, special effects rule the roost, although I am still interested in Weddings, I did one in Leicester last year on the August Bank Holiday,( Saturday ) where I found myself stood in the middle of the Dual carriageway of the A6 northbound out of Leicester at lunchtime photographing the oncoming traffic ( Please do not try this at home >> IT IS DANGEROUS ).

I can at times be found wandering around Sherwood Forest at 1am but have yet to find Bigfoot, Robin Hood or even the Ghost of Major General Hayman Rooke.

I'm always looking for helpers and as time progresses Project Genesis will come to fruition, that is weird, I did think about project Canute but did not want to get my feet wet LOL.

Please take a look at the Friends of Sherwood Forest Website ( FoSF ) Http://www.majoroak.org.uk there should be one or two things you were probably not aware of including Major Oak Day.

Cheers,

999Aidie.
999Aidie
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

999Aidie wrote:Hi Whitevanman,

I'm Nottingham based, my Photography has swung over to the Weird and Wonderful, special effects rule the roost, although I am still interested in Weddings, I did one in Leicester last year on the August Bank Holiday,( Saturday ) where I found myself stood in the middle of the Dual carriageway of the A6 northbound out of Leicester at lunchtime photographing the oncoming traffic ( Please do not try this at home >> IT IS DANGEROUS ).

Had to have a smirk at this as i was recently stood on top of a bollard with a tripod, in the middle of Nottingham Road opposite B &Q, at 10pm. I was trying to get the light trails of cars with the neon lights of Pizza Hut in the background.
Not as much traffic as yours, unfortunately, so the light trails wern't very good
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby 999Aidie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi Whitevanman,

Were you shooting on Digital or Film and what speed ( asa ) were you using.

You should normally be able to get a decent image on anything over 400 asa.

This is a Martian landing party I photographed a few years ago > http://www.999-wed.com/gpg-1/gpg-1-11.htm LOL.

Cheers,

999Aidie.
999Aidie
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 am

I'm aware of Major Oak Day! :lol:

I think I'll leave you two to talk photography! In fact you should set up a topic specially for it as we have a few more photographers on here, two of them professional. Aidie make sure you've got 5th July in your diary to be at the carnival and I'm sure you'll meet Whitevanman. I suggest you two pm each other to avoid giving away too much of your (not so) secret identities! :lol:
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Troy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Aidie, pull up a chair and make your self at home. :D
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby 999Aidie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Troy wrote:Hi Aidie, pull up a chair and make your self at home. :D

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the welcome, it's a very lively forum, spent a lot of time on the Edwinstowe forum but it soon slides into decline, strange as it' has Sherwood Forest on the doorstep, and it is indexed by Google. Must keep on pushing the Charity website http://www.majoroak.org.uk Everything you never really needed to know is in there, the rest will follow later. Please take a look.

Cheers,

999Aidie.

P.S. I actually lived in Warsop about fifty years ago so it holds some memories for me.
999Aidie
Lite Registered User

Postby Pterosaur » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:41 pm

P.S. Clue - I have never worked for the Emergency Services, but have worked for a large Government Agency.

I did work for an Emergency Service, but have never worked for a large Government Agency. Out of step....
Welcome anyway :D
Pterosaur
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to New Member?...Introduce Yourself!