Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

We have voted

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: We have voted

Postby BigAl » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 am

Would'nt worry about it my friend. It ain't going to happen anyway :D :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby BigAl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm

And now the fun starts, it begins with the little ones.

‘Brexit to blame’, says Lincolnshire business in administration
Sarah Harrison-Barker
Today at 11:08 AM
S.S.T. Process Engineering, based on Autumn Park in Grantham enters administration

Grantham-based metal fabricator company S.S.T. Process Engineering, which has entered administration, claims it was due to an uncertain market related to Brexit, resulting in all staff members being made redundant.

The company, which was established in 1994, believes that the uncertainty in the market caused by the EU Referendum was the reason for the lack of work and its directors concluded that the business was no longer viable.

Administrators Adrian Allen and Steven Law of RSM Restructuring Advisory LLP are currently working with agents John Pye & Sons Limited to realise the company’s assets.

Adrian Allen, RSM Restructuring Partner and one of the Joint Administrators, said: “A high percentage of the company’s client base are owned by European parent companies and concerns over a Brexit significantly reduced the number of pipeline orders for the Grantham-based business, which triggered the need to place the company into administration and protect the assets for the benefit of the company’s creditors.

“We continue to work with our professional advisers to assess our options with a view to maximising realisations for creditors.”
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby BigAl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:45 pm

And then the bigger ones :)

The sale of Tata Steel's UK business is on hold as the company considers a European tie-up, creating further uncertainty for British steelworkers

After a board meeting in Mumbai, the company said it had started discussions with "strategic players in the steel industry".

They include the German company Thyssenkrupp.

In March Tata declared its intention to sell all or part of its UK businesses.

The company employs more than 4,000 workers at its plant in Port Talbot in Wales and over 2,000 more at its speciality businesses in Hartlepool, Rotherham and Stocksbridge.

A shortlist of seven potential buyers was drawn up in May, but one of the biggest stumbling blocks to the sale of the UK business has been the legacy of the British steel pension fund which Tata inherited when it bought the business in 2007. It has 130,000 members and a deficit of £700m.

The government has been trying to break the impasse by launching a consultation on drawing up special legislation to lower pension benefits for many of the pension fund's members.

In a statement Tata said it had considered the bids for the UK business in detail and that they had also been reviewed "in the light of the uncertainties caused by the UK referendum and the outcome of the UK Government's consultation on the British Steel Pension scheme."

It added: "Taking the above issues into account, the Board of Tata Steel has decided to also look at alternative and more sustainable portfolio solutions for the European business."

As well as discussions about a potential joint venture with another European steel maker, the company confirmed it was entering into separate talks on the sale of its South Yorkshire and Hartlepool businesses.

It is unclear whether Port Talbot would be included in any joint venture and in its statement Tata said the inclusion of the UK business would depend on finding a "suitable outcome" for the pension scheme, as well as on the success of talks with the Unions and the support offered by the UK and Welsh governments.

Responding to the announcement from Tata, Roy Rickhuss of the steelworkers' union, Community, said it raised many questions that he would be seeking answers to over the next few days, and he added:

"Any joint venture will raise significant issues as to the future of the UK businesses. Community will seek assurances in regards to future investment in the UK. "
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Major blow for Brexit campaign as US rules out UK-only trade deal
US Trade Representative says America has no interest in a trade deal with Britain alone, urging it to remain in the EU

United States Trade Representative Michael Froman (C) is flanked by international counterparts during the closing press conference after an agreement was reached by twelve Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) member countries, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
United States Trade Representative Michael Froman (C) is flanked by international counterparts during the closing press conference after an agreement was reachef by twelve Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) member countries, in Atlanta, Georgia, EPA/ERIK S. LESSER
Matthew Holehouse

By Matthew Holehouse, in Brussels

9:40AM GMT 29 Oct 2015

The United States has ruled out a separate trade deal with UK if it leaves the European Union, in a major blow to Brexit campaigners.

President Obama’s most senior trade official said that America is “not in the market” for a free trade deal with Britain alone, and warned British firms could face crippling Chinese-style tariffs outside the EU.

The comments come as David Cameron pushes the EU to complete a major transatlantic free trade deal that could slash the cost of American food, clothing and computers for British consumers, as well as making it easier for British firms to export.

Downing Street says the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership could be worth £10 billion a year to the British economy, or £400 per family, and will revive the entire European economy.

Prime Minister David Cameron and US President Barack Obama take part in a state welcoming ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in WashingtonPrime Minister David Cameron and US President Barack Obama take part in a state welcoming ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington Photo: PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP/Getty Images

The intervention – a hint that the White House is alarmed at the tightness of the polls – was cheered by pro-EU campaigners. The ‘Out’ campaign has always claimed that Britain would quickly win new deals around the world.

Mr Froman said: "I think it's absolutely clear that Britain has a greater voice at the trade table being part of the EU, being part of a larger economic entity.”

"We're not particularly in the market for FTAs [free trade agreements] with individual countries. We're building platforms that other countries can join over time."

"We have no FTA with the UK so they would be subject to the same tariffs – and other trade-related measures - as China, or Brazil or India.”

New Zealand Prime Minister, John KeyNew Zealand Prime Minister, John Key Photo: Getty

Hours later, however, John Key, the New Zealand Prime Minister, said that Britain could probably retain any deals his country secured with the EU following a Brexit.

Mr Key, who was in Brussels to launch talks for a free trade deal with the EU, said after a British exit, “we would want to preserve both our existing position with Great Britain and continue to grow that relationship.

“We would need to find a way through that,” he said. “The reality is there are a number of mechanisms where that would be possible.”

Sir Nigel Sheinwald, the former British Ambassador to both the United States and the EU, said: “Michael Froman's comments present those wanting to leave the EU with an inconvenient truth: that a major trade and investment partner, the US, sees no influential role for the UK in international trade negotiations if we go it alone.

“Outside the EU we would stand in line behind the big trading blocs. The US Trade Representative has done us a service by telling it like it is.”

The US bought more than £35 billion in goods from British firms last year. The EU falls under the United States’ "most-favoured-nation tariff" group, with an average rate of less than three per cent of a product’s value.

By contrast, China-made products such as car tyres and solar panels face tariffs more than 80 per cent of the products’ value in order to protect American manufacturing jobs.

Hardest hit would be the flourishing British car industry, with the US its second-largest export market after the EU.

If Britain left the EU and was not in TTIP, manufacturers such as Jaguar Land Rover would be hit by a 2.5 per cent tariff and at a disadvantage to German and Italian-made competitors.

Downing Street has warned that Britain would lose access to 52 separate EU trade deals after a Brexit, with no guarantee of replacing them.

Robert Oxley, of the Vote Leave campaign, said: “If we leave the EU there would be no change to our trade with America, but we would take back control over trade policy and would be able talk to Washington directly, instead of hoping that the EU will do it for us.”

Lord Mandelson, the former Labour business secretaryLord Mandelson, the former Labour business secretary Photo: GETTY IMAGES

William Dartmouth, the Ukip trade spokesman, said: "The US is nothing if not pragmatic, and when situations change, so do their positions."

The Prime Minister has used a visit to Iceland, a member of the EEA free trade zone but which is not in the EU, to warn that Britain would lose access to more than 50 trade agreements between Brussels and the rest of the world if it quit, with no guarantee they would be restored.

China last week called for Britain to stay in the EU. Beijing has been worried about the implications of free trade-supporting Britain leaving the EU, and of any weakening of a grouping which it views as a vital counter balance to the United States, diplomats say.

Peter Mandelson, the former British EU Commissioner, last week warned that India and China would be in no rush to sign deals with an independent Britain, as they have “bigger fish to fry”.

“How would we start negotiating with China, India and other countries, which are way bigger than ours, with whom there would be a very severe negotiating imbalance? We would essentially be supplicants. We would be begging to go nearer the top of the queue.”
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 am

Al. You are so unpatriotic, you should be ashamed of yourself.
1. You have stated on many occasions that you have absolutely no intentions of returning to the UK, so why did you vote on the referendum?
You are no different to the unelected Mandarins who are making a massive cock up of the European Union, in having a say on how we in the UK should run our own country.
No one is in any doubt that we in the UK are going to have a tough time for a while, but we are willing to take that to break free from the shackles of the mayhem of the EU.
2. You obviously think you know better than the people in the UK, as you keep bleating on about how " IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN" and we will never leave the EU.
We in the UK have had a democratic vote and have elected to leave the crumbling EU, and the government will act on that mandate accordingly.
3. Instead of copying and pasting all the negative crap that you can find putting the UK down all the time, why don't you take a serious look at the mess that is all over the EU?
It has trade deals with other countries, but the EU is collapsing all around you and you can't see it.
Spain (your adopted country) is goIng to fail in its repayments to the banks, along with Greece and Italy.
Even the German banks are stretched to their limits because they have lent too much money out trying to shore up the crumbling empire that is the EU.
4.The talks to pave the way for Turkey to join the EU are taking place (something that was strongly denied by the remain camp) plus the other four countries that are being invited to join are probably the poorest countries in Europe.
If you are quite happy to finance them for the next 20 years, then thats fine. The UK is not.
5 The fences that have gone up on the borders of several EU Countries are still there, plus other countries are also erecting fences to stop masses of immigrants from entering their countries.
If you recall, back in September, you said they were only temporary. You were wrong.
Instead of standing there in your adopted country trying to demoralise the people of the UK, why don't you take a serious, long hard look at what is happening in your beloved EU, and copy and paste all the negative things about that.
The UK will survive. Yes it is going to be tough, but we will survive.
I also stand by my previous comments about you returning to the UK within the next five years, as you will then have realised that the Utopian world of the EU is not what you thought it was.
As you have nothing positive to say about the country of your birth, I have no intention of arguing about this situation with you and your negative comments.
You are posting negative comments about the UK, in the hope that we will fail by breaking away from the EU.
Good luck in your quest.
I want the UK to grow and prosper now that we have voted to leave, and if it means a few of years austerity, then it will be worth it.
I will continue to take my holidays in Europe, because I have nothing against the European countries at all, just the way the EU is being run.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Patriotic is what i am in voicing my opinion and trying to save the country ( among millions of others ). I chose the way i want to live and will stick by it and you would certainly lose your bet on me returning to the UK. I prefer to live where people are happy and cheerful as they go about their daily lives. 2 weeks ago i sat in the cafe in Mansfield and watched people going about and failed to see a smiling face for over an hour. The friends with me even remarked on it as they are from Devon. There are no "Food kitchens " and people queing for handouts here either as things are done differently and the family bond is so much stronger.

Wizard, it is not negative crap that i am finding online. it is what is actually happening / taking place and being reported in other countries. Its not my fault that the media is state controlled in the Uk and you are not told the truth and the facts as they are. I am only trying to keep you abreast of the real world. If you want to carry on not knowing and believing that things are going to be ok then i will gladly stop posting the facts. Did you know that the government is in discussion at the moment about taking over the presidency of the EU for the second half on 2017. ? Going down well i can assure you :) Whats next ? privatization of the NHS or ( there's not much else left for butchery ).

Its too late for anything else anyway, the deceiving untruthful rats have deserted the sinking ship, both parties that form the governments are in tatters, i remember the last time we had a female conservative prime minister, the £ is going down and down, the racists are having a ball ( even threatening the mayor of London ), the country is in trouble economically and its only going to get worse. At least 35 to 40% of the out voters have now seen the outcome and are wanting to change their minds in another referendum ( which i personally don't think should happen ) as the powers that be have the authority to stop it all, both houses of power ( the elected and the un-elected one :D ) can overturn it as the Lords have already pointed out, so why waste much needed money on another vote ?

Have fun

You can continue to take your holidays in the EU at the higher price, nobody has said otherwise.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Just had this sent to me. :) :) by someone who shall remain nameless but was once in the seat of power.

Copied, but I agree with every word. It pains me to admit it, but having lived outside of the UK for the best part of 30 years, it is impossible to ignore the fact that the British are down there among the least informed people in the western world -with the possible exception of the US. Brits are looked upon with amusement and pity by our better educated European neighbours, as we strut about boasting about our historical greatness and unique place in the world, while ignoring the fact that most EU citizens have higher living standards, better health, better education and live longer. Brits still believe that we hold a special place in the world because we are fed a constant diet of misinformation and lies from the media, who take advantage of our physical separation from Europe to reinforce an isolationist mentality, painting people from other cultures as different and inferior. Take a deeper look at the British media; no other democratic western country would tolerate the kind of deliberate lies that the British are fed on a daily basis. These lies fuel discontent and fear. Which reinforces the isolationist mentality, which in turn cements the power in the hands of the elite. The disastrous decline of the British economy is the direct result of an ideological experiment by the right to create a utopia for the wealthy while stripping the country of the assets hard won over decades of struggle by the middle and working classes. You wont read about that in 90% of the British media, but you WILL read about scrounging foreigners and EU bureaucratic interference. And without the critical faculties to see through the lies, ordinary people are outraged. How could they not be? If what the media claim were actually true, people SHOULD be outraged. But it's not. And the people paying the price are primarily the British themselves, as we cast about for someone to blame, and the same media are helpfully pointing the finger at the foreigners, the EU, the migrants - never refugees in the language of the tabloids - the left, anyone at all except the very people who caused it and continue to cause it. It took quite a few years to come to terms with the fact that I was also lied to and misinformed, as I saw for myself that life for the average Brit was pretty s|_|_|_| compared to, say, the Swedes, Finns, Germans, Danish, Norwegians, Dutch, yes pretty much everyone. The only way to maintain the decepton is to keep the people ignorant, and that is the main purpose of the British media. True democracy can only exist if the people are enfranchised and can make informed and balanced choices. This is not the case in the UK today, it is startlingly clear to everyone outside the confines of the country. Ignorance is bliss, as they say
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Previous

Return to General Chatter