Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Stop smoking this October

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Stop smoking this October

Postby Westmorland » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 am

For those of you who smoke, try giving up with the national campaign to stop smoking this October

Think of the money you would save and think of how well you would feel

Heres one health problem smoking can cause, so serioulsy give some thought to stopping smoking

There are usually no signs or symptoms in the early stages of lung cancer. However, symptoms develop as the condition progresses.

The main symptoms of lung cancer are listed below. If you have any of these, you should see your GP:
a cough that doesn’t go away after two or three weeks
a long-standing cough that gets worse
persistent chest infections
coughing up blood
an ache or pain when breathing or coughing
persistent breathlessness
persistent tiredness or lack of energy
loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss
Less common symptoms of lung cancer include:
changes in the appearance of your fingers, such as becoming more curved or their ends becoming larger (this is known as finger clubbing)
a high temperature (fever) of 38°C (100.4°F) or above
difficulty swallowing or pain when swallowing
wheezing
a hoarse voice
swelling of your face or neck
persistent chest or shoulder pain
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: Stop smoking this October

Postby BigAl » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Totally agree with you on this one, the wife, Heidi, and i both stopped "cold" ( no assistance at all ) 15 years ago when i was diagnosed with asthma. Now my asthma is not a problem and we have never felt better. I was on 40 to 50 a day driving lorries and Heidi was on 20 a day. It is worth stopping peeps if only for the health benefits and as rightly pointed out the money side of things. It is hard at first but gets easier and well worth the effort. :D
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Return to General Chatter