Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

10th Birthday

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

10th Birthday

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:14 am

The forum in this current form is 10 years old in November.

As part of the celebrations Caz will be appearing on the balcony of the town hall to perform a royal wave and salute during an official fly by of the best that Easyjet can offer.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Re: 10th Birthday

Postby Westmorland » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Age is a funny thing and its amazing how prejudice people can become when you start to get old, I myself turned 50 this April and I agree totally with the comments made by Dame Judi Dench regards age

I'm tired of being told I'm too old to try something. I should be able to decide for myself if I can't do things and not have someone tell me I'll forget my lines or I'll trip and fall on the set"; and "Age is a number. It's something imposed on you ... It drives me absolutely spare when people say, 'Are you going to retire? Isn’t it time you put your feet up?' Or tell me [my] age.

I didn't know though that forums had birthdays
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Well spotted TD. I hadn't realised! But, I'll be on the balcony waving at the plane I should have been on! :lol:

Warsop Web itself started in 1999 and it originally had a simple message board. It was Gazzer who persuaded me to have a forum, so he's to blame really. I took some persuading because I was worried that obscenities might get posted and it wouldn't be suitable for family reading, but he was so persistent that I agreed to try it for a while. It wasn't long before three very kind, like minded people offered to be moderators and made it possible to have a forum that stayed decent and stayed online.

So it's thanks to TD, Whitevanman and Magic, who stepped up to the plate and have spent ten years doing some very good moderating! In the early days, the forum was very busy and moderating wasn't easy at times, but they stuck at it and we're still here. Social media sites now take the brunt of the flak these days but the forum is still here for debating local issues and for a bit of banter and light relief.

I wonder if we'll still be here in another ten years? ;)
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:41 am

I wonder if we'll still be here in another ten years? ;)

I certainly hope so Cas.

By the way, standing on the balcony wearing the bikini you would have packed if you were on the plane and a crimbo hat waving a cracker would make a good picture :D :D
Sure one of the members could take it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby mr50p » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Happy Birthday Forum :D Caz when are you doing your wave :oops: :shock:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Let's recall some notable characters of the early days:

Snickersneeze..
La Fiama..
Ginnie G...
Heidi
loftyhermes
m8tey
MoanersRus
Porthos
RedDevil
Troy
Warsop Person

This list is not exhaustive but these were the more vocal ones I remember from the early days.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Believe me Heidi is still vocal :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Ahem! I'll wear the sparkly black and gold bikini, that way everyone will be dazzled by the sequins and won't notice what's beneath although I think I'll be doing a wave at midnight in the middle of a power cut. Otherwise the forum mods will need to moderate any photos by standing in front of me. :oops: They're the ones who deserve the glory!

Remembering the early members. Snickersneeze was a real character who always had plenty to say and often made me smile. If I remember rightly, she kept us informed about her pregnancy and the birth of her baby on a daily basis.

The forum has kept locals up to date on a few issues during its time, like the tyre dump fire, the flooding of the road bridge, which was the day GinnieG came to visit us from Sweden. A lot of members reported about road closures due to snow during the winter of 2010 and we've had times when forum members have arranged rescue missions, such as litter picking in the Church yard and on The Carrs, scrubing clean graffiti from road signs and wading in the Mill Dam to repair the silt trap. They were some of the most informative and useful episodes of the forum that kept us busy and showed true community spirit.

Happy days! And I have no plans to give up. :D
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Return to General Chatter