Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

syria refugees welcome in Mansfield

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

syria refugees welcome in Mansfield

Postby Westmorland » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Dear friends,

I just signed the petition "Refugees Welcome in Mansfield" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/r ... -mansfield

Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It's really easy – all you need to do is forward this email or click these links:

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Thank you!
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: syria refugees welcome in Mansfield

Postby Caz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:30 pm

I wonder how many people want to welcome refugees because I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about this. I'd support it providing the refugees are taken from camps in Syria and are genuinely fleeing for their lives.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 am

I have signed the petition to allow our ex-forces who are homeless be housed first. I have no problem with any country taking refugees from anywhere but think its time to look after our own first. :roll:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:32 pm

I have every sympathy for anyone fleeing their own country for the sake of their lives and I think we should help them. However, my concern is that we might mistakenly take rebels or IS members trying to infiltrate other countries, so anyone we take should be meticulously vetted to ensure we're taking them for the right reasons and I don't know how we'd do that.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:02 am

There is a lot more to the refugee crisis sweeping Europe than people realise.
Look at it as a bigger picture, rather than a small snapshot of the crisis.
It has been commentated on many times that the majority of the refugees swarming into europe look like "strong, healthy young men" who could be terrorists making their way into europe on a free passage.
Syria still has a conscription army, so these fighting fit men are actually dodging their national service by running away from the trouble.
If there are so many fit and healthy men in these refugee camps, surely it would be cheaper and more efficient to give them 2 weeks training and an assault rifle to attack Islamic State with.
They would have a half million strong army in no time!
Europe is a predominently a Christian area, so don't assume that the Muslim refugees will settle and integrate amongst us without problems arising in the future.
European countries cannot afford to keep taking these refugees into their countries.
It is totaly unfair to expect people to pay more and more taxes to keep people from other countries just because they want a better life.
I will stick my neck out and say I am against taking any refugees into the Mansfield area (or in the UK for that matter), SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO HOUSING FOR THEM!!
Each refugee will have to see a doctor and dentist before they can be registered, and we all know how difficult it is to get an appointment ourselves without all these extra people coming into the area.
Who is going to finance the situation after the first year?
We are!
Council taxes will have to rise to cover the cost.
The only way to stop Islamic State is to attack them and wipe them out.
Its time that the people who are causing the problem were hunted down and disposed of, rather than keep running from them!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:43 am

A lot of good points Wizard and ones that are causing concern for a lot of people. What bothers me is, in the recent past the West has interfered so often in the politics of these countries that I wonder what part we've already played in this mess.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:53 am

The film footage shown on the TV showing the "refugees" arriving in Hungary gave an insight into what will happen when they disperse all over europe.
They showed no respect whatsover for the police force in Hungary, the country that they should have claimed asylum in.
They were shouting and demanding to be allowed to go to Austria or Germany, even throwing the food and water that they were given on arrival, to the ground.
They then decided to walk along the motorway to Austria, breaking yet another law and causing disruption on the motorway.
If these people have such little disrespect for the law and order of the country that is trying to help them, they don't deserve to be accepted anywhere.
There will become a time when even the good people of Germany will realise that the floodgates have been opened to allow anyone seeking a better life to go there, and will say enough is enough, and close their borders.
I really can't see how they can take up to 800,000 people into their country without the German public kicking off about the financial and cultural problems that it will cause in the future.
Feeding and housing, plus welfare benefits is going to place a major strain on the German budget, and it will all have to be financed by the tax payer.
Europe as we know it is rapidly changing, and its not for the better.
I think there will be major changes coming to the shape of Europe sooner rather than later, as each country will realise that they cannot afford to take in more "refugees", as they are being told to do by the idiots in Strasbourg.
Other countries, as well as the UK, will be demanding a referendum to leave, unless they get more powers to control their laws back from Strasbourg.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Wizard » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Wizard wrote:There will become a time when even the good people of Germany will realise that the floodgates have been opened to allow anyone seeking a better life to go there, and will say enough is enough, and close their borders.

It looks like Warsop Web is read in Germany, as they closed their borders within days of me posting this message !! :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, it looks like the "Schenghen agreement" is in tatters, as more and more countries are closing their borders.
Strange that no one is shouting about these other countries, but the UK was given a hard time for not opening our borders up to allow free passage from the other member states.

The problem is, Angela Merkel and the rest of the powers that be have now destroyed the security of the European countries, and it will never be the same again.
Instead of criticizing our country for putting security measures in place, the Eurocrats should have listened to the reasons why Cameron and co didn't want to allow free passage into the UK.
That way, the European Union would not be over run with migrants, and quite possibly terrorists.
The European Commission now has a major security problem on their hands.
More and more countries will break the Schengen Agreements, which allows free passage among member states, so will they all be fined by the Commission?
Obviously not !
The UK has been vilified for years for not "conforming" like the rest of the puppets, and I bet Cameron has a real smug " I told you so" look on his face when he next faces them!
Some countries are now changing the rules when it comes to immigrants claiming benefits, and you can put money on it that they won't get penalised for that either.

The European Union is now doomed to failure, and the UK will lead the way in leaving the sinking ship when a referendum is held before the end of 2017.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Little Ol' Me » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm

I bet Cameron has a real smug " I told you so" look on his face

Doesn't he always?
"Don't eat the jelly! Don't eat the jelly! I made it with frog wee. It'll turn your teeth green... Like mini apples."
Little Ol' Me
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Oh wizard, what a narrow minded point of view you have. The border was only closed for a short while to allow the authorities to control the influx at the onset. You really should not believe all you see on uk TV and newspapers they very often have second hand information and even get that wrong :D .

There are concerns about this in other countries i agree but it will sort itself out and things will settle down again.

Why not think back to where this all started with the overthrow of certain leaders in this region. Who started it all and who is to blame is easy, America and Britain, and it was all about the oil. I know this because i was there from the days of the Iraqui invasion of Kuwait and the wars / battles that followed. Cameron might well be smirking as he was not in office but it was the conservatives. Maggie followed by John Major. Not that i am political and follow either party i just remember this all happening while i was in the desert.
It has all escalated from there.

Don't worry about Europe, it will only get stronger when things settle down and when you look at the size of the countries involved and the amount of people they will be taking in its not a big problem really. It would be a problem for the Uk i agree as there is not the housing and care facilities available and i have previously said there are other things ( like the homeless ex-service men and women who need looking after and the care for the elderly ) etc etc that should be taking priority. You do not see food kitchens and people queing for handouts here. These things are under control within the European countries, have been for years, even here in Spain that is slightly behind some of the larger countries they are addressing the problem. Not like the Uk with a shortage of everything essential and i might as well add 15 years behind the rest of Europe in its thinking and development. But thats my interpretation of it every time i get off the ferry to go home, its like going through a time warp :) :) For example, i live in the country and have internet at an average of 100 meg per second and that is slow compared to some. What speed are you getting ?

You never know we might start off another discussion / debate and liven the place up for a while :lol: :lol: unless Cas tells me off that is ;)

Gone fishing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Wizard, I think you're voicing what a lot of other people are thinking.

I agree with Al about media coverage being selective and biased and they only report what they know will get the attention of the public. On the other hand, the public demand sensational news. Vicious circle!!!

I also think we bowed down to the US too much and followed their lead, yet they're not getting the problems we now now have. It is just a mess.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:13 pm

The sight of the barbed wire topped fencE being erected on the Hungarian border must have sent a shiver throught the people in the area, and when the train wagon with the coils of razor wire on it was pushed into place to seal the crossing, it was reminiscent of the Berlin wall going up in 1961.

No Al, I am not narrow minded in my views, I actually watch a lot of foreign news channels to get an unbiased view, so its not just the BBC who are showing this happening.

Sometimes I think that you view the European Union as the saviour of Europe, but it will not work.
It was struggling to cope with the different ideas of the member states, and this mass influx of people from a different culture will bring things to boiling point.
For years the EEC has refused the membership of Turkey to prevent the Muslims swamping Europe, now they are pouring in with western help.

How many more "refugees" do you think should be allowed into Europe before you think there is enough here already?
How do you propose they are sorted out and moved back to their own country when it is safe to do so?

A lot of the refugees came to Europe via the Greek Islands from Turkey, which is a safe country, so they could have claimed asylum there.
Instead of doing that they paid the people traffickers to go to Greece, which proves that they are simply coming to Europe for a better life, not to escape a war zone.
When people like yourself realise this point, you will understand that there will be millions wanting to come to Europe, all funded by the taxpayer!!
I don't know what the housing situatiuon is like in Germany (or the rest of europe) but I cannot image that there is enough empty houses to house all the thousands of people who are going there.
Surely they won't be creating "tented villages" like they have created in Syria for the displaced people !.
On sky news its reporting that riot police with water cannons are clashing with immigrants on the Serbian/Hungarian border.
There have been lots of people arrested for trying to get through the fence into Hungary. What will happen to them?
Will they be pushed back onto the Serbian side of the fence?
Seriously, this is going to escalate into a very bad state of affairs.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Wizard » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:33 am

[quote="BigAl"] Oh wizard, what a narrow minded point of view you have. The border was only closed for a short while to allow the authorities to control the influx at the onset. You really should not believe all you see on uk TV and newspapers they very often have second hand information and even get that wrong :D .

There are concerns about this in other countries i agree but it will sort itself out and things will settle down again.

Still think I'm wrong Al ??

The migrant situation is getting worse in mainland europe, not better.
More and more countries are closing their borders.
Germany cannot cope with the influx of people.

Europe will be left with hundreds of thousands of people wandering about with nowhere to go.
Then there will be a major crisis with people dying in the streets through starvation.
Angela Merkel started all this by saying they were all welcome to travel to Germany, then closed their doors saying we are full.

Instead of looking through rose tinted glasses at the situation, imagine it in reverse, whereby half a million Christians descended on the Muslim countries and demanded to be rehoused there.
If, and it is a bif IF, they were allowed in, do you serious think they would be allowed to build Churches and Chapels to worship in?
Would they be allowed to integrate and walk around in western style clothing. or would the women have to be covered up at all times?

Don't become radicalised by the Pro Europe brigade Al, (as it appears you have been in your views).

These people will start to take over parts of europe, just as they have done in the UK.

I am not being racist in any way with my comments, it is just the way that I can see things happening in Europe.
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby BigAl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:42 pm

As i said in my previous post, some countries would have a problem but now the initial influx is over things are getting back to normal. The borders are all open and the temporary fences are coming down, it just needed time to deal with the numbers involved.
I'm not radicalised by anyone my friend, i live here as i have lived in other European countries and see things a little different. Half a million christians did invade the muslim countries why do you think this is happening now. The biggest culprits are not even taking any refugees and Britian thinks its only taking 20,000. :) .That is not going to happen. ;) Dont believe everything on the news and in the papers :lol:
But as i said it would it is settling. ;)

The other problem they are having problems with is seperating the "war " refugees from the others but even that is getting sorted slowly. Its all going to take time.

The Bush / Blair partnership is coming back and biting everyone in the butt.

Have fun ;)
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Next

Return to General Chatter