Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

ATOS

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

ATOS

Postby Westmorland » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Anyone see Panaroma and Dispatches this evening about the Medical group ATOS who have a contract with DWP. They examined a man with a serious heart condition said he was fit for work and he died 39 days later. Cancer patients told they are fit for work. It is disgusting that people this ill are being told they are fit for work, just to meet targets,. By all means find those fit for work who are using and abusing the system, but what I have seen tonight has left me appalled. :x :x :x
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: ATOS

Postby BigAl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 am

Its nothing to do with someone being fit for work its all about saving money. Its absolutley discusting the way people are being treated by these government appointed medics who are paid to stop peoples benefits. I personally know of 3 cases where they have stopped payments and one of them is wheelchair bound.
I'm sorry and i know it sounds racist but its about time that the government stopped sending the billions of pounds to help out in other countries and concentrated on the population at home. Yes there are starving children in Africa and India but there are also starving children and food kitchens in places like Birmingham and Manchester and the government do not give a s**t about it.

Suppose its all we are going to get though as long as the wealthy 1% rule the country.
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby whitevanman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am

Bit of a catch 22.
Everybody moans about people faking illness's and claiming money they shouldn't qualify for, but when something is being done about it everybody moans about it.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby Westmorland » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 am

whitevanman wrote:Bit of a catch 22.
Everybody moans about people faking illness's and claiming money they shouldn't qualify for, but when something is being done about it everybody moans about it.

I agree , but on the programme last night a man went for his examination and the Doctor there told him to seek urgent medical advice regards his heart, he did so and was diagonised with heart failure, however despite the seriousness of this illness the ATOS Doctor who advised him to get urgent medical attention reported he was fit to work. He appealed won the appeal and then he was told they needed to do re examine him , and once again they said he was fit for work, 39 days after this he dropped dead with heart failure. Clearly this man was ill and could not work, but our government decided saving money was more important than supporting someone who had paid into the system most of his life. It was Tony Blair and his government that gave ATOS the contract !
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Like everything else politicians dream up this is another scheme that has gone awry.
The innocent suffer as usual but the real scum will always get away with it. If I went down Warsop and threw a stone I would be sure to hit one of these scroungers. they are all over the place I see them all the time, four wheel drive cars, caravans, the best in household gadgets, holidays abroad. You name it, they have got it and have never worked a day in their lives, but will they be told they are fit to work? Like hell they will.They will escape the net as they have always done.

It's not just Warsop, it's all over the country. It's a way of life that's being passed down from generation to generation.
How long can a country stand that attitude? The first thing to put an end to is paying money to have babies. If anyone wants a baby then let that person earn the money to feed and clothe it. Why should a thrifty, responsible family have to keep the offspring of of irresponsible scum?

Don't pin all the blame on the present government> They are all guilty of total incompetence, all a worthless shower.
Maybe we could start by having them pay back all the money they swindled from the hapless taxpayer over the years.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Return to General Chatter