Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

English wine for the Olympics

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

English wine for the Olympics

Postby Westmorland » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Chapel Down Bacchus and Nyetimber, just two English Vineyard wines to celebrate the Olympics

http://www.nyetimber.com/

http://www.chapeldown.com/our-shop.aspx
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Re: English wine for the Olympics

Postby whitevanman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I like to settle down with a Blue Nun
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby BigAl » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 am

Spanish for me, any of the reds will do especially the reserva
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby ELMER FUDD » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm all for celebrating with you Boris but it must be English beer (John Smith's or Stones) and a celebration of the end of this total con trick.
It reminds me of Mickey Rooney films back in the 20s and 30s when he would come to the rescue of some community or other that was down in the dumps because of some terrible calamity that had befallen. His stock line would be: "Come on folks, let's put on a show." That would be it. The whole community would become involved, if not in the production then in the joy of being a spectator at the final outcome'.

The same old sophistry is being played out now. Not just with a small community but a whole nation. The parade of the Olympic flame was an attempt to draw us all in and pull the wool over our eyes: we are all in it together. The grand finale is the weeks long spectacle in London. We peasants will be so enthralled we will forget the dire straits the country is in because of the chicanery of our politicians and bankers. We will all be filled with a sense of pride in what we have played a part in achieving. A great load of bu...... that will keep us happy for a while. It is a truism - some, if not most, of the people can be fooled all of the time.

Now don't call me a moaning old git Boris - I know I am. At my age it's my entitlement. I have been around long enough to have seen it all before. All the glitter, glamour, theatricality and ceremony leaves me cold, the scales fell from my eyes many moons ago. Here's mud in your eye.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby BigAl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:00 am

Well said Elma, its good to see the truth, I just hope some people had the sense to realise this before reading this :roll:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:25 am

There are some very good English wines on the market. I've visited a couple of well established vineyards in Suffolk and their wines are very nice.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:48 am

Rebecca Adlington defends her 400 m swimming title today. so good luck for another gold medal
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby ELMER FUDD » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:58 pm

I have to admit to being very much interested in the main event of this particular Olympics and that is the Big Race.
For those who are not aware, the Big Race can take place at any time over the next three weeks. It is open to all Olympic participants whatever their speciality. It is also open to all spectators with the one proviso: that they are of foreign origin. There are no medals, gold, silver or bronze. All entrants are guaranteed to be winners, to be housed, wined and dined for life at the British taxpayers expense. It is the Big Race to the Asylum Office. Do watch it.
ELMER FUDD
Lite Registered User

Postby Warsop Person » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Adrian Hardy wrote:Rebecca Adlington defends her 400 m swimming title today. so good luck for another gold medal

I hope she doesn't get another gold because the district simply can't afford it, I dread to to think what cash strapped MDC will waste our council tax on if she gets another gold. Last time it was £5.5m on a revamped swimming pool to stick her name on that the district did not need, maybe this time it will be another retail park because it really needs one of those too!

Oh, and maybe the Mayor will give her dad a job at the council this time, just like he did her mum last time she won gold.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:55 pm

ELMER FUDD wrote:I have to admit to being very much interested in the main event of this particular Olympics and that is the Big Race.
For those who are not aware, the Big Race can take place at any time over the next three weeks. It is open to all Olympic participants whatever their speciality. It is also open to all spectators with the one proviso: that they are of foreign origin. There are no medals, gold, silver or bronze. All entrants are guaranteed to be winners, to be housed, wined and dined for life at the British taxpayers expense. It is the Big Race to the Asylum Office. Do watch it.

And the first across the line to win the gold is,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 79069.html
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Return to General Chatter