Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Get well soon Kev!

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Get well soon Kev!

Postby dcj » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

Awful news,R.I,P. Kev.
dcj
Lite Registered User

Postby Magic » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 am

Deepest sympathies from all of us here :(
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby m8tey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am

Deepest sympathies from me and my family.......
TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT
m8tey
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 am

Thank you all. It just seems so cruel after he'd defied death once and was making such good progress. Onthe other hand, we've had seven extra quality weeks with him, laughing and sharing memories. We don't know his cause of death yet but it was sudden and I'm sure he wasn't in pain.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby johno » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Thinking of you all Caz, and Tania. Deepest sympathies to you all.
johno
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Kev's funeral will be held at Warsop Church on Thursday 21st June at 1 o clock.

The family don't want flowers as we know Kev would have wanted the money spent on something more worthwhile, so we're asking for donations to go to Lee Bonsall's charities, which are Combat Stress and Joint Forces Alliance. There will be a collection for this at church as well. We know he'd have wanted that as he grew up with Karen and worked with Kenny at Welbeck pit and he was keen to support the charities they supported in Lee's memory. There's no dress code as such, so if you're attending the funeral, come dressed in what you feel comfortable.

To dispel any rumours, Kev died of a heart attack - nothing to do with his medication and nothing had been missed by the medics. I know there was a lot of speculation about various things, but we've had the coroners report and although it came as a surprise, it was a relief, as it means nobody was to blame and we won't be thinking 'if only'.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

I am sure we will all be thinking about Tania, Joe and the wider Barlow family tomorrow afternoon
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 am

Thank you Boris! Tomorrow is a celebration of our Kev's life and we'll all be together remembering him and smiling.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BorisTechMark2 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Hope everything went as well as it could have done on Friday, funerals are never easy, but are an essental part of saying goodbye andin a way letting go, when i drove by the Carrs car park was packed and the churchyard car park was full, your brother was obviously a well liked and popular man.
BorisTechMark2
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Thank you Boris, yes it was a lovely service and a great celebration of his life. My brother was a well loved person who avoided any kind of conflict and looked on the bright side of life always, so you couldn't fail to be happy and smile a lot when you were around him. He had many friends and no enemies, which is why the church was packed to capacity on Thursday. It was a big help to the family to have so much support from everyone and to share memories of Kev, which of course made us laugh and think of him with happy hearts.

As you probably know, we're a very close family and losing Kev is hitting us very hard, but being so close also means we have a lot of support from each other. I'll never say goodbye to my little bro, even if I can't see his face or his knobbly knees I can hear his laugh and feel him in my heart. I have seven younger brothers and sisters, but one of them is an angel now!!

Anyway, we had a collection instead of flowers, which raised over £700 for Lee Bonsall's charity funds, so we're very pleased that that will go a small way to helping others.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Previous

Return to General Chatter